Seven year old boy now in a serious collision in hospital following collision in Royston
A BOY involved in a road accident in Royston this week is now in a serious condition in hospital. The seven-year old boy, who is a pupil at Tannery Drift School in Royston, was rushed to Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge on Tuesday with severe head inju
A BOY involved in a road accident in Royston this week is now in a serious condition in hospital.
The seven-year old boy, who is a pupil at Tannery Drift School in Royston, was rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Tuesday with severe head injuries following a collision with a car which occurred in Baldock Road, Royston, just outside the fire station.
He had been in a critical condition, but a spokesman for Herts police said that last night (Thursday) this had changed to serious.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, while an air ambulance was also summoned.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the boy was walking home from school when the incident occurred.
The driver of the car, a woman in her forties, was uninjured.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
Anna Greetham, headteacher at Tannery Drift School, said: "Everyone at the school is shocked and upset by this incident, and our thoughts are with the little boy and his family."
Anyone with information on the collision should contact Pc Matt Hollingsworth, from the roads policing unit, on 0845 33 00 222.