Seven year old boy now in a serious collision in hospital following collision in Royston
A BOY involved in a road accident in Royston this week is now in a serious condition in hospital. The seven-year old boy, who is a pupil at Tannery Drift School in Royston, was rushed to Addenbrooke s Hospital in Cambridge on Tuesday with severe head inju
A BOY involved in a road accident in Royston this week is now in a serious condition in hospital.
The seven-year old boy, who is a pupil at Tannery Drift School in Royston, was rushed to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Tuesday with severe head injuries following a collision with a car which occurred in Baldock Road, Royston, just outside the fire station.
He had been in a critical condition, but a spokesman for Herts police said that last night (Thursday) this had changed to serious.
Police officers and ambulance crews were called to the scene at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, while an air ambulance was also summoned.
You may also want to watch:
It is thought the boy was walking home from school when the incident occurred.
The driver of the car, a woman in her forties, was uninjured.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
Anna Greetham, headteacher at Tannery Drift School, said: "Everyone at the school is shocked and upset by this incident, and our thoughts are with the little boy and his family."
Anyone with information on the collision should contact Pc Matt Hollingsworth, from the roads policing unit, on 0845 33 00 222.