Servants of the community honoured with awards
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards. The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week. Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards.
The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week.
Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for his hard work on numerous schemes to help the town's pensioners.
Former councillor Doug Drake, who retired last year after years of service as a town and county councillor, was also honoured, along with Mike Thrower, who was the driving force behind the new Royston all-weather pitch which opened last year.
You may also want to watch:
President of Royston Town football club, Alan Barlow, also picked up an award, not only for his work with the club, but for the financial support he has given to Royston in Bloom and other projects in the town.
The beneficiaries of this year's community chest grants were also revealed. These included the Royston volunteer centre, the Royston Arts Society, and the Electralites majorettes troop.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
Community Chest grants were awarded to:
Royston volunteer centre
The Timetrackers club
The Open House youth project
Frank Letts blind fellowship
Stephanie Prior school of dance
Royston community centre
Royston arts society
Royston arts festival
The Rotary Club of Royston's Youth Makes Music concert
Electralites majorette troop