Servants of the community honoured with awards
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards. The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week. Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards.
The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week.
Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for his hard work on numerous schemes to help the town's pensioners.
Former councillor Doug Drake, who retired last year after years of service as a town and county councillor, was also honoured, along with Mike Thrower, who was the driving force behind the new Royston all-weather pitch which opened last year.
You may also want to watch:
President of Royston Town football club, Alan Barlow, also picked up an award, not only for his work with the club, but for the financial support he has given to Royston in Bloom and other projects in the town.
The beneficiaries of this year's community chest grants were also revealed. These included the Royston volunteer centre, the Royston Arts Society, and the Electralites majorettes troop.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 4 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 5 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 6 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 7 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 8 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 9 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 10 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
Community Chest grants were awarded to:
Royston volunteer centre
The Timetrackers club
The Open House youth project
Frank Letts blind fellowship
Stephanie Prior school of dance
Royston community centre
Royston arts society
Royston arts festival
The Rotary Club of Royston's Youth Makes Music concert
Electralites majorette troop