Servants of the community honoured with awards
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards. The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week. Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for
FOUR servants of the Royston community have been honoured with awards.
The quartet were presented with Community Service Awards by the town mayor, Cllr Rod Kennedy, at the annual town meeting held last week.
Veteran campaigner Terry Hutt was rewarded for his hard work on numerous schemes to help the town's pensioners.
Former councillor Doug Drake, who retired last year after years of service as a town and county councillor, was also honoured, along with Mike Thrower, who was the driving force behind the new Royston all-weather pitch which opened last year.
You may also want to watch:
President of Royston Town football club, Alan Barlow, also picked up an award, not only for his work with the club, but for the financial support he has given to Royston in Bloom and other projects in the town.
The beneficiaries of this year's community chest grants were also revealed. These included the Royston volunteer centre, the Royston Arts Society, and the Electralites majorettes troop.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 4 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
Community Chest grants were awarded to:
Royston volunteer centre
The Timetrackers club
The Open House youth project
Frank Letts blind fellowship
Stephanie Prior school of dance
Royston community centre
Royston arts society
Royston arts festival
The Rotary Club of Royston's Youth Makes Music concert
Electralites majorette troop