Security van held up
A SECURITY driver escaped unharmed when his van was attacked in Buntingford. The incident took place outside Barclays Bank, in Buntingford High Street, at about 4.10pm on Thursday. Two men approached the security van driver and took the cash box, which h
A SECURITY driver escaped unharmed when his van was attacked in Buntingford.
The incident took place outside Barclays Bank, in Buntingford High Street, at about 4.10pm on Thursday.
Two men approached the security van driver and took the cash box, which he had just collected from the bank.
A police spokesman said: "The cash box contained a substantial amount of money."
You may also want to watch:
The men attempted to make off in a silver Vauxhall Astra.
The vehicle subsequently collided with a Volkswagen Passat close to the scene.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
The driver of this car was not injured.
The raiders then got out of this vehicle and into a green BMW, which was being driven by a woman.
They made off in the direction of Westmill.
A spokesman for G4S Cash Services, who operate the security van, said: "The crew of one of our vehicles was attacked in Buntingford, but we can confirm that the courier suffered no injuries."
Det Insp Damien Kennedy. who is investigating the incident, said: "If you were on the High Street last Thursday afternoon, and have any information about what happened, I would ask that you contact police without delay.
"I would also like to hear from anyone who saw the green BMW leaving the scene."
- Anyone with any information should contact the East Herts Police on 01992 533271, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.