Security van held up
A SECURITY driver escaped unharmed when his van was attacked in Buntingford. The incident took place outside Barclays Bank, in Buntingford High Street, at about 4.10pm on Thursday. Two men approached the security van driver and took the cash box, which h
A SECURITY driver escaped unharmed when his van was attacked in Buntingford.
The incident took place outside Barclays Bank, in Buntingford High Street, at about 4.10pm on Thursday.
Two men approached the security van driver and took the cash box, which he had just collected from the bank.
A police spokesman said: "The cash box contained a substantial amount of money."
The men attempted to make off in a silver Vauxhall Astra.
The vehicle subsequently collided with a Volkswagen Passat close to the scene.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
The driver of this car was not injured.
The raiders then got out of this vehicle and into a green BMW, which was being driven by a woman.
They made off in the direction of Westmill.
A spokesman for G4S Cash Services, who operate the security van, said: "The crew of one of our vehicles was attacked in Buntingford, but we can confirm that the courier suffered no injuries."
Det Insp Damien Kennedy. who is investigating the incident, said: "If you were on the High Street last Thursday afternoon, and have any information about what happened, I would ask that you contact police without delay.
"I would also like to hear from anyone who saw the green BMW leaving the scene."
- Anyone with any information should contact the East Herts Police on 01992 533271, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.