Secrets soon to be revealed
ROYSTON town mayor Cllr Robert Inwood is amongst those that have signed up for a spot at the forthcoming Royston Open Secrets Event.
Cllr Inwood has hired out a stall and will field questions from residents and businesses about his plans for his tenure, which started last week.
He said: “I am in awe at the professionalism and passion of the group of local business people who are running the event voluntarily, so I thought I would get involved.
“I am delighted that 44 businesses within the SG8 postcode have already registered for what should be a smashing event.”
Held on Therfield Heath, the free event will display the wide range of businesses, clubs and voluntary groups the area has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
It follows on from the Royston Hidden Secrets event which was held on the Heath two years ago, and is the brainchild of Linda Turner and Jayne Bratton.
Mrs Turner said: “Any businesses that want to take part must register their interest quickly. Free places are limited and we want give as many charities and voluntary organisations as possible the chance to take part.”
- 1 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 2 'FOI request refusal leaves residents in darkness'
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 How effective is gritting roads in lockdown?
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 10 County 'extremely grateful' for chief fire officer's 30-year service
Jayne Bratton said she was pleased with the generosity of local businesses who had sponsored the event: “A couple of months ago we were sat with no funds, but with the generosity of the local businesses both exhibiting and sponsoring the event, and hopefully a couple of grants coming through, it looks like we will break even.”
A shuttle service from around Royston to the Heath will be available on the day for just �1, provided by Pat Perryman of Butlers Cars (pictured with Cllr Inwood).
If you are interested in exhibiting your business at the event please call Linda Turner on 07984900556 or to promote a group call Jayne Bratton on 0776465757 or see their website www.open-secrets.co.uk.