Second connections bus launched in South Cambridgeshire
YOUNG people in South Cambridgeshire will now be able to hop aboard a second Connections Bus. The buses visit new communities and villages that do not have a venue for youth activities, giving young people somewhere to use the internet and games consoles,
YOUNG people in South Cambridgeshire will now be able to hop aboard a second Connections Bus.
The buses visit new communities and villages that do not have a venue for youth activities, giving young people somewhere to use the internet and games consoles, play sport, relax and be with their friends. It is popular in villages such as Orwell, where it makes regular stops.
Previously there had only been on vehicle serving the whole district. However, a second bus has now been purchased, and was launched last weekend.
Cllr Charlie Nightingale, chairman of South Cambridgeshire District Council, said, "I'm delighted that this second bus will mean even more local young people will have a place to go to have fun with their friends.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a fantastic project which we are very pleased to support - congratulations to everyone involved in getting this new bus on the road."
Villages that would like a visit from the Connections Bus project should contact Alan Webb, project manager, on (01223) 232978 or email@example.com for more information on times and fees.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange