Search is on for youngster to quiz county councillors
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council. The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Ca
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council.
The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Cabinet.
The county council sees the event as giving youngsters a voice during Local Democracy Week, which runs from October 9-20.
"This year Local Democracy Week has the aim of engaging young people in the democratic process and giving them a means to voice their opinions on issues in a constructive way," said Cllr Beatty.
You may also want to watch:
The role The Crow will be playing is to select one youngster who will take part in the press conference.
This will be done by sending us a question about a local issue and then we will select the youngster to take part in the event on October 9 when a link will be put in place between The Crow and County Hall.
- 1 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 2 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 3 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 9 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
Our reporters will help the youngster chosen prepare for the press conference.
Last year the county council ran a debate in the council chamber at County Hall involving councillors and young people from the Herts Youth Parliament and schools.
- If you have a question then send it to Debate, The Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT.
Include name and address and a telephone number.