Search is on for youngster to quiz county councillors
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council. The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Ca
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council.
The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Cabinet.
The county council sees the event as giving youngsters a voice during Local Democracy Week, which runs from October 9-20.
"This year Local Democracy Week has the aim of engaging young people in the democratic process and giving them a means to voice their opinions on issues in a constructive way," said Cllr Beatty.
The role The Crow will be playing is to select one youngster who will take part in the press conference.
This will be done by sending us a question about a local issue and then we will select the youngster to take part in the event on October 9 when a link will be put in place between The Crow and County Hall.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
Our reporters will help the youngster chosen prepare for the press conference.
Last year the county council ran a debate in the council chamber at County Hall involving councillors and young people from the Herts Youth Parliament and schools.
- If you have a question then send it to Debate, The Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT.
Include name and address and a telephone number.