Search is on for youngster to quiz county councillors
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council. The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Ca
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council.
The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Cabinet.
The county council sees the event as giving youngsters a voice during Local Democracy Week, which runs from October 9-20.
"This year Local Democracy Week has the aim of engaging young people in the democratic process and giving them a means to voice their opinions on issues in a constructive way," said Cllr Beatty.
You may also want to watch:
The role The Crow will be playing is to select one youngster who will take part in the press conference.
This will be done by sending us a question about a local issue and then we will select the youngster to take part in the event on October 9 when a link will be put in place between The Crow and County Hall.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
Our reporters will help the youngster chosen prepare for the press conference.
Last year the county council ran a debate in the council chamber at County Hall involving councillors and young people from the Herts Youth Parliament and schools.
- If you have a question then send it to Debate, The Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT.
Include name and address and a telephone number.