Search is on for youngster to quiz county councillors
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council. The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Ca
The Crow is looking for a young person who can quiz members of Herts County Council.
The idea is for youngsters to take part in a wide-ranging web-based press conference with Cllr David Beatty, the leader of the county council, and other members of the Cabinet.
The county council sees the event as giving youngsters a voice during Local Democracy Week, which runs from October 9-20.
"This year Local Democracy Week has the aim of engaging young people in the democratic process and giving them a means to voice their opinions on issues in a constructive way," said Cllr Beatty.
You may also want to watch:
The role The Crow will be playing is to select one youngster who will take part in the press conference.
This will be done by sending us a question about a local issue and then we will select the youngster to take part in the event on October 9 when a link will be put in place between The Crow and County Hall.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 9 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 10 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
Our reporters will help the youngster chosen prepare for the press conference.
Last year the county council ran a debate in the council chamber at County Hall involving councillors and young people from the Herts Youth Parliament and schools.
- If you have a question then send it to Debate, The Crow, Heath House, Princes Mews, Royston SG8 9RT.
Include name and address and a telephone number.