Scooters zoom in as part of Italian market
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town. The market will run from 10am – 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from abou
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town.
The market will run from 10am - 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from about 11.30am.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said: "It's good to see our Italian friends return for their Autumn visit. We are also very pleased that Cambridge Scooter Club are coming in to support the traders and provide us with a show of Vespas.
"This is the eigth time L'Assagio Italiano has put on a market in Royston and we intend to remain a twice-yearly fixture on their calendar. I hope the town enjoys this event and that the public continue to show their support and love of Italian food."
You may also want to watch:
A variety of Italian food, including cheeses and sausages, will be on sale at the market, together with antipasti, fish, and herbs and spices.
- 1 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 2 Royston woman celebrates 100th birthday after living in town for 53 years
- 3 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 4 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 5 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal