Scooters zoom in as part of Italian market
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town. The market will run from 10am – 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from abou
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town.
The market will run from 10am - 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from about 11.30am.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said: "It's good to see our Italian friends return for their Autumn visit. We are also very pleased that Cambridge Scooter Club are coming in to support the traders and provide us with a show of Vespas.
"This is the eigth time L'Assagio Italiano has put on a market in Royston and we intend to remain a twice-yearly fixture on their calendar. I hope the town enjoys this event and that the public continue to show their support and love of Italian food."
You may also want to watch:
A variety of Italian food, including cheeses and sausages, will be on sale at the market, together with antipasti, fish, and herbs and spices.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!