Scooters zoom in as part of Italian market
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town. The market will run from 10am – 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from abou
ABOUT 15 scooters will zoom into Royston this weekend when the Italian market returns to the town.
The market will run from 10am - 4pm on Market Hill, and to mark the occasion members of the Cambridge Scooter Club will be parading around Royston from about 11.30am.
Markets manager Emma Burgess said: "It's good to see our Italian friends return for their Autumn visit. We are also very pleased that Cambridge Scooter Club are coming in to support the traders and provide us with a show of Vespas.
"This is the eigth time L'Assagio Italiano has put on a market in Royston and we intend to remain a twice-yearly fixture on their calendar. I hope the town enjoys this event and that the public continue to show their support and love of Italian food."
You may also want to watch:
A variety of Italian food, including cheeses and sausages, will be on sale at the market, together with antipasti, fish, and herbs and spices.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 'It's one of the best gigs to do' - Troublemaker star Olly Murs looks ahead to his Newmarket Nights concert