School yard memories recorded on CD
MEMORIES of school days from the 1960 s and 70 s have been compiled for a new CD project. Recollections of corporal punishment, inkwells, and pink custard feature on the CD s, which is being launched to mark the 50th anniversary of Melbourn Village College
MEMORIES of school days from the 1960's and 70's have been compiled for a new CD project.
Recollections of corporal punishment, inkwells, and pink custard feature on the CD's, which is being launched to mark the 50th anniversary of Melbourn Village College.
Vanessa Mann, a parent from the college, interviewed 16 former students and recorded their stories.
She said: "It's been a real labour of love. Something that started as a simple archive project has evolved into CDs we're really proud of.
You may also want to watch:
"I've had people overcome with emotion who have shared some amazing stories and have even found original school songs."
With over 18 hours of material to work with, Vanessa has created two CD's with the help of her husband, Philip, who is an experienced radio producer and presenter.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
She explained "Back to School focuses on school days, and All Together Now focuses on wider community learning and involvement within the College. The end product isn't just tales about a school but a fascinating insight into social change since 1959."
As part of the anniversary celebrations, the college also held a tea party last weekend, during which the new window, designed to commemorate the occasion, was dedicated.
The CD's are available from the college, costing �5 each, or two for �9. All the proceeds will be put towards the college's new performing arts studio.