School yard memories recorded on CD
MEMORIES of school days from the 1960 s and 70 s have been compiled for a new CD project. Recollections of corporal punishment, inkwells, and pink custard feature on the CD s, which is being launched to mark the 50th anniversary of Melbourn Village College
MEMORIES of school days from the 1960's and 70's have been compiled for a new CD project.
Recollections of corporal punishment, inkwells, and pink custard feature on the CD's, which is being launched to mark the 50th anniversary of Melbourn Village College.
Vanessa Mann, a parent from the college, interviewed 16 former students and recorded their stories.
She said: "It's been a real labour of love. Something that started as a simple archive project has evolved into CDs we're really proud of.
You may also want to watch:
"I've had people overcome with emotion who have shared some amazing stories and have even found original school songs."
With over 18 hours of material to work with, Vanessa has created two CD's with the help of her husband, Philip, who is an experienced radio producer and presenter.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
She explained "Back to School focuses on school days, and All Together Now focuses on wider community learning and involvement within the College. The end product isn't just tales about a school but a fascinating insight into social change since 1959."
As part of the anniversary celebrations, the college also held a tea party last weekend, during which the new window, designed to commemorate the occasion, was dedicated.
The CD's are available from the college, costing �5 each, or two for �9. All the proceeds will be put towards the college's new performing arts studio.