School secretary Jenny says farewell
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary. Past members of staff came together with the school s current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement. A spokesman for Ick
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary.
Past members of staff came together with the school's current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement.
A spokesman for Icknield Walk School said: "Mrs Hawes will be much missed.
"She has prided herself on knowing all the pupils' names and family circumstances, and she has been praised for her efficient financial and secretarial skills.
"The whole school wished her all the best in a well-deserved retirement, which will start with a six-week holiday to New Zealand.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre