School secretary Jenny says farewell
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary. Past members of staff came together with the school s current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement. A spokesman for Ick
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary.
Past members of staff came together with the school's current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement.
A spokesman for Icknield Walk School said: "Mrs Hawes will be much missed.
"She has prided herself on knowing all the pupils' names and family circumstances, and she has been praised for her efficient financial and secretarial skills.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole school wished her all the best in a well-deserved retirement, which will start with a six-week holiday to New Zealand.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims