School secretary Jenny says farewell
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary. Past members of staff came together with the school s current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement. A spokesman for Ick
JENNY Hawes said goodbye to Icknield Walk School in Royston after 16 years as school secretary.
Past members of staff came together with the school's current staff and pupils for a special assembly to wish Mrs Hawes a happy retirement.
A spokesman for Icknield Walk School said: "Mrs Hawes will be much missed.
"She has prided herself on knowing all the pupils' names and family circumstances, and she has been praised for her efficient financial and secretarial skills.
You may also want to watch:
"The whole school wished her all the best in a well-deserved retirement, which will start with a six-week holiday to New Zealand.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court