School marks 50th anniversary with “good” Ofsted report
A SCHOOL marked the end of its 50th anniversary year by receiving a ‘good’ report from inspectors.
Petersfield Primary School in Orwell was given the status in a report from Ofsted, who visited the school before Christmas.
Children at Petersfield were said to receive “good and occasionally outstanding” teaching, while the report also praised the “rapid progress” made in their early reading, writing and maths skills.
Head teacher Amanda Tuck said everyone at the school was “delighted” with the news.
She said: “Staff and governors have worked very hard to raise standards at the school, and to have this recognition from Ofsted is a wonderful end to our 50th anniversary year. We know our school is on the up and up – and this proves it.”
You may also want to watch:
Colin Wilson, chair of governors at the school, added: “We feel the school has made huge strides in the last couple of years, and we are very pleased to have this officially confirmed by Ofsted. However, we are not at all complacent. Being rated “good” by Ofsted is very gratifying, but we have even bigger plans for our school.”
Petersfield was also named aming the top ten primary schools for Cambridgeshire in education league tables published by The Times. The tables are derived from Key Stage Two assessment results in Maths and English.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 10 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases