School is 'outstanding' - Ofsted
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as outstanding following a recent Ofsted inspection. The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one – the highest possible standard – in each of the inspection categories. Head teacher Susa
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as "outstanding" following a recent Ofsted inspection.
The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one - the highest possible standard - in each of the inspection categories.
Head teacher Susan Summerhayes said: "We're absolutely over the moon.
"This truly is a very special school and I think this result will be a boost for everyone."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Summerhayes praised the "excellent community spirit" at the school.
She said: "We could not have achieved this without the help of everyone involved with the school, including the staff, parents, governors, and of course the children. We have a great team.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
"If there is one particular area I am pleased with, it is the positive comments about the care and guidance we provide for pupils," she added.
In her report, lead inspector Joy Richardson said: "This is an outstanding school that goes the extra mile to help every child succeed.
"Parents speak highly of the school, appreciating the way that it works with parents, and praising the quality of education and care it provides.