School is 'outstanding' - Ofsted
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as outstanding following a recent Ofsted inspection. The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one – the highest possible standard – in each of the inspection categories. Head teacher Susa
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as "outstanding" following a recent Ofsted inspection.
The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one - the highest possible standard - in each of the inspection categories.
Head teacher Susan Summerhayes said: "We're absolutely over the moon.
"This truly is a very special school and I think this result will be a boost for everyone."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Summerhayes praised the "excellent community spirit" at the school.
She said: "We could not have achieved this without the help of everyone involved with the school, including the staff, parents, governors, and of course the children. We have a great team.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
"If there is one particular area I am pleased with, it is the positive comments about the care and guidance we provide for pupils," she added.
In her report, lead inspector Joy Richardson said: "This is an outstanding school that goes the extra mile to help every child succeed.
"Parents speak highly of the school, appreciating the way that it works with parents, and praising the quality of education and care it provides.