School is 'outstanding' - Ofsted
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as outstanding following a recent Ofsted inspection. The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one – the highest possible standard – in each of the inspection categories. Head teacher Susa
ROMAN Way First School is celebrating after being named as "outstanding" following a recent Ofsted inspection.
The school, in Burns Road, Royston, achieved grade one - the highest possible standard - in each of the inspection categories.
Head teacher Susan Summerhayes said: "We're absolutely over the moon.
"This truly is a very special school and I think this result will be a boost for everyone."
Mrs Summerhayes praised the "excellent community spirit" at the school.
She said: "We could not have achieved this without the help of everyone involved with the school, including the staff, parents, governors, and of course the children. We have a great team.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
"If there is one particular area I am pleased with, it is the positive comments about the care and guidance we provide for pupils," she added.
In her report, lead inspector Joy Richardson said: "This is an outstanding school that goes the extra mile to help every child succeed.
"Parents speak highly of the school, appreciating the way that it works with parents, and praising the quality of education and care it provides.