School hopes to get funds
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after chan
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after changes were made to Government funding support for school capital schemes.
But the county council recommended this week that the schemes should be reinstated, and Edwinstree Middle School may collect £250,000 of funding for new changing rooms.
Keith Emsall, executive member for education and culture, said: "We wanted to go ahead with a programme of schemes last year, but these had to be put back when the Government changed its funding method for school capital schemes.
You may also want to watch:
"I know what a disappointment the decision forced on us last year was, and I'm delighted that these much-needed schemes can now go ahead."
A total of £16m has been earmarked for the reinstatement of 36 school schemes across the county.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The proposals will be considered at panel meetings before the county council cabinet meets again on Monday .