School hopes to get funds
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after chan
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after changes were made to Government funding support for school capital schemes.
But the county council recommended this week that the schemes should be reinstated, and Edwinstree Middle School may collect £250,000 of funding for new changing rooms.
Keith Emsall, executive member for education and culture, said: "We wanted to go ahead with a programme of schemes last year, but these had to be put back when the Government changed its funding method for school capital schemes.
You may also want to watch:
"I know what a disappointment the decision forced on us last year was, and I'm delighted that these much-needed schemes can now go ahead."
A total of £16m has been earmarked for the reinstatement of 36 school schemes across the county.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
The proposals will be considered at panel meetings before the county council cabinet meets again on Monday .