School hopes to get funds
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after chan
A SCHOOL could benefit from a £16 million improvement scheme for schools in Hertfordshire.
Hertfordshire County Council had hoped to put into action some of the projects in the schools capital building programme last year, but had to defer them after changes were made to Government funding support for school capital schemes.
But the county council recommended this week that the schemes should be reinstated, and Edwinstree Middle School may collect £250,000 of funding for new changing rooms.
Keith Emsall, executive member for education and culture, said: "We wanted to go ahead with a programme of schemes last year, but these had to be put back when the Government changed its funding method for school capital schemes.
"I know what a disappointment the decision forced on us last year was, and I'm delighted that these much-needed schemes can now go ahead."
A total of £16m has been earmarked for the reinstatement of 36 school schemes across the county.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
The proposals will be considered at panel meetings before the county council cabinet meets again on Monday .