School first with award for technology
A SCHOOL has become one of the first in the country to receive a prestigious award. Greneway School, in Royston, has been awarded the new Becta Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Mark which recognises schools that demonstrate they use ICT to s
A SCHOOL has become one of the first in the country to receive a prestigious award.
Greneway School, in Royston, has been awarded the new Becta Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Mark which recognises schools that demonstrate they use ICT to support all learners and school activities.
The award comes from Becta, the British Educational Communications and Technology Agency, the Government agency for ICT.
To gain the award the school was assessed by an independent external assessor on its approach to ICT.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Flitton, leader of ICT at the school, said: "We are delighted to receive the ICT Mark.
"It recognises our whole approach to ICT and the positive impact that it is having on our school as a whole."
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
Neil McLean, executive director of educational practice at Becta, said: "Greneway School thoroughly deserves this accolade.
"It clearly demonstrates how important it is to take a holistic approach to using ICT in a school. By doing this, its investment in new technologies has contributed to improvements in learning.