School first with award for technology
A SCHOOL has become one of the first in the country to receive a prestigious award. Greneway School, in Royston, has been awarded the new Becta Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Mark which recognises schools that demonstrate they use ICT to s
A SCHOOL has become one of the first in the country to receive a prestigious award.
Greneway School, in Royston, has been awarded the new Becta Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Mark which recognises schools that demonstrate they use ICT to support all learners and school activities.
The award comes from Becta, the British Educational Communications and Technology Agency, the Government agency for ICT.
To gain the award the school was assessed by an independent external assessor on its approach to ICT.
You may also want to watch:
Laura Flitton, leader of ICT at the school, said: "We are delighted to receive the ICT Mark.
"It recognises our whole approach to ICT and the positive impact that it is having on our school as a whole."
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
Neil McLean, executive director of educational practice at Becta, said: "Greneway School thoroughly deserves this accolade.
"It clearly demonstrates how important it is to take a holistic approach to using ICT in a school. By doing this, its investment in new technologies has contributed to improvements in learning.