School earns report praise
STEEPLE Morden Primary School has been praised in an Ofsted inspection which has highlighted the pupils excellent behaviour and consistently good teaching . Head teacher Richard Lloyd was also praised for his leadership of the school, as was the scho
STEEPLE Morden Primary School has been praised in an Ofsted inspection which has highlighted the pupils' "excellent behaviour" and "consistently good teaching".
Head teacher Richard Lloyd was also praised for his leadership of the school, as was the school's curriculum and range of activities that it provides.
In his report inspector Paul Cosway said: "Teachers' expectations are high and the pace of the lessons means that pupils learn quickly.
"Pupils learn to concentrate and work hard because the lessons are interesting and enjoyable. In all classrooms there is a good learning ethos."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cosway also described pupils' personal development as "outstanding" and said they had a good sense of responsibility and contributed exceptionally well to their community.
He also noted how courteous and considerate pupils were.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The school was encouraged to improve pupils' writing skills and ensure that those falling behind in their targets were given support to help them achieve well.
Mr Lloyd said: "We are pleased with the report, which is due to the hard work and commitment of pupils, staff, and governors over many years.