School band trumpet charity walk
A Crow Country school’s wind band have become the latest group to trumpet a Royston charity run.
The Meridian Wind Band will entertain participants of the Royston Pink Ribbon Run/Walk before June 26’s event.
Funds raised by this year’s event will go to The Teenage Cancer Trust who will put it towards the building of a specialist treatment centre in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
David Atkins, assistant headteacher, said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Royston Pink Ribbon event again this year.
“As well as the wind band playing before the event itself, we expect a large contingent of students and staff to be running or walking around the course, as well as providing some of the marshalls.
“Our students are always keen to support the work of charities, a large number have become especially determined to support this event in recent years, many of them having been affected by cancer, either personally, or due to the suffering of a friend or relative.”
Participants in the fund raiser can complete either a three or five kilometre course and men, women, children and dog walkers are all welcome to attend.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
Entrance is �12 for adults and half-price for children.
T-shirts will be sent to everyone who enters and at the end of the Run/Walk all participants will receive a medal.
Forms can be found in most retailers in Royston town centre, or are available from www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk