School band trumpet charity walk
A Crow Country school’s wind band have become the latest group to trumpet a Royston charity run.
The Meridian Wind Band will entertain participants of the Royston Pink Ribbon Run/Walk before June 26’s event.
Funds raised by this year’s event will go to The Teenage Cancer Trust who will put it towards the building of a specialist treatment centre in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
David Atkins, assistant headteacher, said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Royston Pink Ribbon event again this year.
“As well as the wind band playing before the event itself, we expect a large contingent of students and staff to be running or walking around the course, as well as providing some of the marshalls.
You may also want to watch:
“Our students are always keen to support the work of charities, a large number have become especially determined to support this event in recent years, many of them having been affected by cancer, either personally, or due to the suffering of a friend or relative.”
Participants in the fund raiser can complete either a three or five kilometre course and men, women, children and dog walkers are all welcome to attend.
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden
Entrance is �12 for adults and half-price for children.
T-shirts will be sent to everyone who enters and at the end of the Run/Walk all participants will receive a medal.
Forms can be found in most retailers in Royston town centre, or are available from www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk