School band trumpet charity walk
A Crow Country school’s wind band have become the latest group to trumpet a Royston charity run.
The Meridian Wind Band will entertain participants of the Royston Pink Ribbon Run/Walk before June 26’s event.
Funds raised by this year’s event will go to The Teenage Cancer Trust who will put it towards the building of a specialist treatment centre in Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
David Atkins, assistant headteacher, said: “We are delighted to be supporting the Royston Pink Ribbon event again this year.
“As well as the wind band playing before the event itself, we expect a large contingent of students and staff to be running or walking around the course, as well as providing some of the marshalls.
You may also want to watch:
“Our students are always keen to support the work of charities, a large number have become especially determined to support this event in recent years, many of them having been affected by cancer, either personally, or due to the suffering of a friend or relative.”
Participants in the fund raiser can complete either a three or five kilometre course and men, women, children and dog walkers are all welcome to attend.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
Entrance is �12 for adults and half-price for children.
T-shirts will be sent to everyone who enters and at the end of the Run/Walk all participants will receive a medal.
Forms can be found in most retailers in Royston town centre, or are available from www.pinkribbonrunwalk.co.uk