Scheme helps youngsters to get mobile
YOUNG people are taking advantage of a scheme helping them escape rural villages. The scheme, SCooTS was set up by Ricky Moore, who saw a need for transport for young people living in villages and needing access to employment, training and education opp
YOUNG people are taking advantage of a scheme helping them "escape" rural villages.
The scheme, SCooTS was set up by Ricky Moore, who saw a need for transport for young people living in villages and needing access to employment, training and education opportunities.
He said: "There was not enough public transport in the area sufficient for people to access work or college.
SCooTs was set up to help those people."
You may also want to watch:
Those in employment or on training placements can hire a 50cc scooter or bicycle for six months while young people on education placements for one academic year.
Compulsory basic training is included in the hire of scooters.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Mr Moore said of the scheme set up a year ago: "It has been a success and we have had lots of positive feedback.
"It is good that we have been able to help people in areas not frequently covered by public transport."
The scooters and bicycles are available to those living in one of the village parishes of North Hertfordshire.
- For more details e-mail Ricky Moore at email@example.com