SIR Patrick Moore and Darth Vader have been welcoming drivers to Buckland and Chipping. Fourteen scarecrows took part in the Village Scarecrow Weekend, including a live one in the form of dressed up resident Jean Zabel, pictured with MP Oliver Heald.
'SIR Patrick Moore' and 'Darth Vader' have been welcoming drivers to Buckland and Chipping.
Fourteen scarecrows took part in the Village Scarecrow Weekend, including a live one in the form of dressed up resident Jean Zabel, pictured with MP Oliver Heald.
Traffic crawled through the village as motorists spotted the Scarecrow Police traffic cop.
The Holt family from Brookside, Chipping won the trophy for the best and most imaginative scarecrow with their 'Sir Patrick Moore' complete with telescope.
Runner-up was Daisy Trewin of Chipping House, Chipping with Holly Corn.
Organisers are hoping to repeat the event again next year.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'