Santa flies into his grotto at Bury Lane Farm Shop in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Children turned out in their droves to meet the one and only Santa Claus when he popped in to his grotto at Bury Lane Farm Shop in Melbourn at the weekend.
As well as providing a bit of Christmas sparkle for guests, it was also a charitable occasion as the shop and joint-organiser Rotary Club of Royston pledged to donate money to local charities.
Bury Lane retail director Ian Larkins said: “We were really pleased with the number of children who visited Santa and his elf this weekend and the feedback and smiles on the children’s faces showed what a great experience it was. We look forward to welcoming lots more children over the next three weekends.
“It is always a pleasure to work with the Rotary club and help raise money for local charities.”
Santa will be visiting the farm shop every weekend until Sunday, December 20.
You may also want to watch:
He will be inviting guests into his grotto between 10am and 4pm on Saturdays and 11am and 4pm on Sundays. Tickets are £5 in advance and cost the same on the day if you purchase them from the store located on the A10 Melbourn by-pass.
There will also be late night shopping at the farm shop tonight and then the following two Thursdays.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 9 Crows to take defeats on the chin after unbeaten run comes to a frustrating end
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Find out more online at burylanefarmshop.co.uk/christmas.