Santa flies into his grotto at Bury Lane Farm Shop in Melbourn
- Credit: Archant
Children turned out in their droves to meet the one and only Santa Claus when he popped in to his grotto at Bury Lane Farm Shop in Melbourn at the weekend.
As well as providing a bit of Christmas sparkle for guests, it was also a charitable occasion as the shop and joint-organiser Rotary Club of Royston pledged to donate money to local charities.
Bury Lane retail director Ian Larkins said: “We were really pleased with the number of children who visited Santa and his elf this weekend and the feedback and smiles on the children’s faces showed what a great experience it was. We look forward to welcoming lots more children over the next three weekends.
“It is always a pleasure to work with the Rotary club and help raise money for local charities.”
Santa will be visiting the farm shop every weekend until Sunday, December 20.
You may also want to watch:
He will be inviting guests into his grotto between 10am and 4pm on Saturdays and 11am and 4pm on Sundays. Tickets are £5 in advance and cost the same on the day if you purchase them from the store located on the A10 Melbourn by-pass.
There will also be late night shopping at the farm shop tonight and then the following two Thursdays.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Missing teen found safe and well
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
Find out more online at burylanefarmshop.co.uk/christmas.