Santa Claus is coming to town
- Credit: Archant
You’d better watch out and better not cry because Santa Claus is coming to town this month.
Royston Round Table will be taking Santa out on the road in the town and surrounding villages, giving residents young and old the chance to meet him and make a donation to charity.
Mark Parish, from the Royston Round Table, said: “We’ve had a busy year, but without doubt this is a highlight of the calender and the best part of Christmas from a Round Table perspective.
“We raise a lot of money for good causes at events such as our Oktoberfest a couple of months ago, and we hope to be able to do the same again on the Santa run.”
The Round Table will be assisted by other organisations, including the Lions Club, Royston Rotary Club and the Royston Women’s Circle, as they take Santa’s sleigh around the town and surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
They will also be making longer stops in Royston town centre, as well as at Bury Lane Farm shop and Tesco Royston.
“It’s great to put smiles on so many people’s faces,” said Mark.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
“It’s not just children who come out, but you also meet older people who perhaps don’t get that much contact with their local community, so we have a lot of fun talking to them.
“There’s nothing better than seeing people come out of their homes to meet Santa. I think Royston has a really good spirit of community and this event shows that off.”
Extra volunteers who wish to get involved can just turn up on the day to assist Santa.
For more on the work of the Royston Round Table, visit www.roystonroundtable.co.uk
Where you can see Santa:-
? Sunday, December 8: 4pm, Litlington.
? Tuesday, December 10: 6.15pm, Barley/Chishill.
? Wednesday, December 11: 6pm - Orchard Road, Royston.
? Thursday, December 12: 6pm, Newmarket Road, Royston.
? Friday, December 13: 6.30pm, Barkway.
? Saturday, December 14: 10am-4pm, Royston Town Centre.
? Sunday, December 15: 4pm, The Grange Estate, Royston.
? Tuesday, December 17: 6pm, Coombelands and Twigden Estate, Royston.
? Wednesday, December 18: 6pm, Meldreth.
? Thursday, December 19: 6.15pm, Garden Walk, Royston.
? Friday, December 20: 6pm, Bassingbourn..
? Saturday, December 21: 11am-3pm, Bury Lane Shop; 4pm, Melbourn.
? Sunday, December 22: 11am-3pm, Tesco Royston; 4pm, Melbourn.
? Monday, December 23: 6pm, Briary Lane and Layston Park, Royston.