Sandon pilot who crashed at Shoreham Airshow killing 11 is under investigation over separate incident
- Credit: Archant
The Sandon pilot involved in a fatal crash at Shoreham Airshow last year is being investigated over a separate incident a year earlier.
It occurred at Southport Airshow in 2014, in which Andy Hill’s jet was deemed to be flying too low.
A Civil Aviation Authority spokesman said: “We are aware of an incident that took place at the Southport Airshow in 2014 following which the CAA took appropriate action in conjunction with the show’s organisers.
“We have been informed that this incident currently forms part of an on-going investigation by Sussex Police.”
The Hawker Hunter Andy was flying at the Shoreham Airshow killed 11 people when it plunged into traffic in a ball of flames in West Sussex last August.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s show has been cancelled out of respect for the families of the victims and a full inquest is expected to take place in June.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people