Sandon pilot who crashed at Shoreham Airshow killing 11 is under investigation over separate incident
- Credit: Archant
The Sandon pilot involved in a fatal crash at Shoreham Airshow last year is being investigated over a separate incident a year earlier.
It occurred at Southport Airshow in 2014, in which Andy Hill’s jet was deemed to be flying too low.
A Civil Aviation Authority spokesman said: “We are aware of an incident that took place at the Southport Airshow in 2014 following which the CAA took appropriate action in conjunction with the show’s organisers.
“We have been informed that this incident currently forms part of an on-going investigation by Sussex Police.”
The Hawker Hunter Andy was flying at the Shoreham Airshow killed 11 people when it plunged into traffic in a ball of flames in West Sussex last August.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s show has been cancelled out of respect for the families of the victims and a full inquest is expected to take place in June.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event