Sandon pilot who crashed at Shoreham Airshow killing 11 is under investigation over separate incident
- Credit: Archant
The Sandon pilot involved in a fatal crash at Shoreham Airshow last year is being investigated over a separate incident a year earlier.
It occurred at Southport Airshow in 2014, in which Andy Hill’s jet was deemed to be flying too low.
A Civil Aviation Authority spokesman said: “We are aware of an incident that took place at the Southport Airshow in 2014 following which the CAA took appropriate action in conjunction with the show’s organisers.
“We have been informed that this incident currently forms part of an on-going investigation by Sussex Police.”
The Hawker Hunter Andy was flying at the Shoreham Airshow killed 11 people when it plunged into traffic in a ball of flames in West Sussex last August.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s show has been cancelled out of respect for the families of the victims and a full inquest is expected to take place in June.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 4 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?