Samsung Galaxy tablet, watches, jewellery and make-up stolen in spate of Royston burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging anyone with information about a spate of burglaries in Royston yesterday to come forward.
Four addresses in two streets were targeted within the space of four hours.
Watches, jewellery and a make-up bag were stolen after intruders smashed a glass panel in a back door to get into a property in Nightingale Way at some point between 11am and 12.30pm.
On the same road, a Samsung Galaxy tablet and several jewellery items were stolen from an address between 11.40am and 3.05pm. Again, offenders gained entry by smashing glass in a back door.
Two homes in Byron Road were also targeted between 11am and 12 noon, although it is not clear whether anything was taken from either.
You may also want to watch:
On both occasions the burglars smashed the glass of a back or side door to get in, turning keys which had been left in the lock on the inside.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Anyone with information about the burglaries, or who saw any suspicious activity in the area around the times stated is urged to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 7 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 8 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston