Samsung Galaxy tablet, watches, jewellery and make-up stolen in spate of Royston burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging anyone with information about a spate of burglaries in Royston yesterday to come forward.
Four addresses in two streets were targeted within the space of four hours.
Watches, jewellery and a make-up bag were stolen after intruders smashed a glass panel in a back door to get into a property in Nightingale Way at some point between 11am and 12.30pm.
On the same road, a Samsung Galaxy tablet and several jewellery items were stolen from an address between 11.40am and 3.05pm. Again, offenders gained entry by smashing glass in a back door.
Two homes in Byron Road were also targeted between 11am and 12 noon, although it is not clear whether anything was taken from either.
You may also want to watch:
On both occasions the burglars smashed the glass of a back or side door to get in, turning keys which had been left in the lock on the inside.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Anyone with information about the burglaries, or who saw any suspicious activity in the area around the times stated is urged to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event