Samsung Galaxy tablet, watches, jewellery and make-up stolen in spate of Royston burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police are urging anyone with information about a spate of burglaries in Royston yesterday to come forward.
Four addresses in two streets were targeted within the space of four hours.
Watches, jewellery and a make-up bag were stolen after intruders smashed a glass panel in a back door to get into a property in Nightingale Way at some point between 11am and 12.30pm.
On the same road, a Samsung Galaxy tablet and several jewellery items were stolen from an address between 11.40am and 3.05pm. Again, offenders gained entry by smashing glass in a back door.
Two homes in Byron Road were also targeted between 11am and 12 noon, although it is not clear whether anything was taken from either.
You may also want to watch:
On both occasions the burglars smashed the glass of a back or side door to get in, turning keys which had been left in the lock on the inside.
A spokeswoman for the police said: “Anyone with information about the burglaries, or who saw any suspicious activity in the area around the times stated is urged to contact police via the non-emergency number 101.”
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 5 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 10 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation