Sam Smith’s singing teacher calls on Melbourn Village College students to join her on stage
- Credit: Archant
A singing teacher whose life has been ‘turned upside down’ since the global success of former pupil Sam Smith, said she ‘feels bad’ for leaving her students behind at Melbourn Village College.
Due to the knock-on effect of the Great Chishill star’s fame on her singing career, Joanna Eden no longer has time to teach pupils in between touring the country and releasing albums.
That’s why she’s decided to bring her tour Joni and Me to All Saints Hall in Melbourn – and she’s calling on pupils to become backing singers for her performance.
She told the Crow: “I felt a bit sad leaving my pupils at the school – things became huge after everything happened with Sam. I have sat in rooms and ‘bullied’ them for years. I felt a bit guilty leaving them. Some of the pupils at the school are amazing, like Ellie Dixon, Sarah Louise Giles and Olivia Carter, who have incredible voices.
“Head of music Paul Belbin puts in so many hours for the school – he must do the job of 10 people. I never saw him take a breather in the 10 years I was there.”
Joanna is hoping to hold a vocal workshop on the afternoon before the tribute concert for students to learn some Joni Mitchell songs and become her backing vocalists for part of the concert. For workshop information call 01799 526492.
The concert will take place on Saturday, November 21, at 7.30pm.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
Tickets for the Joni and Me tour are available now from www.joannaeden.com/shop or by calling 01799 526492. They are priced at £12 or £10 for those aged 16 and under.