Sam Smith’s singing teacher calls on Melbourn Village College students to join her on stage
- Credit: Archant
A singing teacher whose life has been ‘turned upside down’ since the global success of former pupil Sam Smith, said she ‘feels bad’ for leaving her students behind at Melbourn Village College.
Due to the knock-on effect of the Great Chishill star’s fame on her singing career, Joanna Eden no longer has time to teach pupils in between touring the country and releasing albums.
That’s why she’s decided to bring her tour Joni and Me to All Saints Hall in Melbourn – and she’s calling on pupils to become backing singers for her performance.
She told the Crow: “I felt a bit sad leaving my pupils at the school – things became huge after everything happened with Sam. I have sat in rooms and ‘bullied’ them for years. I felt a bit guilty leaving them. Some of the pupils at the school are amazing, like Ellie Dixon, Sarah Louise Giles and Olivia Carter, who have incredible voices.
“Head of music Paul Belbin puts in so many hours for the school – he must do the job of 10 people. I never saw him take a breather in the 10 years I was there.”
You may also want to watch:
Joanna is hoping to hold a vocal workshop on the afternoon before the tribute concert for students to learn some Joni Mitchell songs and become her backing vocalists for part of the concert. For workshop information call 01799 526492.
The concert will take place on Saturday, November 21, at 7.30pm.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Tickets for the Joni and Me tour are available now from www.joannaeden.com/shop or by calling 01799 526492. They are priced at £12 or £10 for those aged 16 and under.