Sam Smith’s singing teacher calls on Melbourn Village College students to join her on stage
- Credit: Archant
A singing teacher whose life has been ‘turned upside down’ since the global success of former pupil Sam Smith, said she ‘feels bad’ for leaving her students behind at Melbourn Village College.
Due to the knock-on effect of the Great Chishill star’s fame on her singing career, Joanna Eden no longer has time to teach pupils in between touring the country and releasing albums.
That’s why she’s decided to bring her tour Joni and Me to All Saints Hall in Melbourn – and she’s calling on pupils to become backing singers for her performance.
She told the Crow: “I felt a bit sad leaving my pupils at the school – things became huge after everything happened with Sam. I have sat in rooms and ‘bullied’ them for years. I felt a bit guilty leaving them. Some of the pupils at the school are amazing, like Ellie Dixon, Sarah Louise Giles and Olivia Carter, who have incredible voices.
“Head of music Paul Belbin puts in so many hours for the school – he must do the job of 10 people. I never saw him take a breather in the 10 years I was there.”
You may also want to watch:
Joanna is hoping to hold a vocal workshop on the afternoon before the tribute concert for students to learn some Joni Mitchell songs and become her backing vocalists for part of the concert. For workshop information call 01799 526492.
The concert will take place on Saturday, November 21, at 7.30pm.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Tickets for the Joni and Me tour are available now from www.joannaeden.com/shop or by calling 01799 526492. They are priced at £12 or £10 for those aged 16 and under.