Running into action with free course in Royston
- Credit: Archant
A free 11-week running course starts in Royston this month to help encourage beginners to get on the move.
The programme of hour long classes, supported by North Herts District Council along with Sport England and the National Lottery, will be run by friendly instructors who are members of the Royston Runners.
The weekly classes start on Tuesday, April 19 at 6.30pm, meeting on Therfield Heath.
The council’s Liz Green said: “These classes provide the perfect opportunity for people who have always wanted to give running a go but who have lacked the confidence to try it out. They are an excellent way to keep fit, improve endurance and build confidence.
“If you want to make the most of the warmer weather make sure you sign up and come along.”
You may also want to watch:
To book your free space or for more info contact Sam Helbert on 01462 474 838 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services