Rundown Barley playground plea for refurb votes
- Credit: Archant
People in Barley are calling on friends in Royston and the surrounding area to vote for a much needed playground refurbishment.
The makeover would cost about £60,000, so to help ease the cost, a group of nine mums have applied for a community grant worth £25,000.
The grant will be decided by public vote and people have until June 29 to pledge their votes for the One Family award.
Lucy Ridgeway, a member of the group fundraising for the refurbishment, said: “We really need people in Royston and the surrounding villages to get behind us and vote for the Barley playground to stand a chance of winning.
“Barley is a lovely village but due to its rural location is isolated with few amenities for young children.”
You may also want to watch:
To vote, visit foundation.onefamily.com/community-awards/gaining-support/how-to-vote-for-a-community-project.
To find out more about the community’s fundraising efforts, visit the Facebook page by searching Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge