Rundown Barley playground plea for refurb votes
- Credit: Archant
People in Barley are calling on friends in Royston and the surrounding area to vote for a much needed playground refurbishment.
The makeover would cost about £60,000, so to help ease the cost, a group of nine mums have applied for a community grant worth £25,000.
The grant will be decided by public vote and people have until June 29 to pledge their votes for the One Family award.
Lucy Ridgeway, a member of the group fundraising for the refurbishment, said: “We really need people in Royston and the surrounding villages to get behind us and vote for the Barley playground to stand a chance of winning.
“Barley is a lovely village but due to its rural location is isolated with few amenities for young children.”
To vote, visit foundation.onefamily.com/community-awards/gaining-support/how-to-vote-for-a-community-project.
To find out more about the community’s fundraising efforts, visit the Facebook page by searching Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party