Rundown Barley playground plea for refurb votes
- Credit: Archant
People in Barley are calling on friends in Royston and the surrounding area to vote for a much needed playground refurbishment.
The makeover would cost about £60,000, so to help ease the cost, a group of nine mums have applied for a community grant worth £25,000.
The grant will be decided by public vote and people have until June 29 to pledge their votes for the One Family award.
Lucy Ridgeway, a member of the group fundraising for the refurbishment, said: “We really need people in Royston and the surrounding villages to get behind us and vote for the Barley playground to stand a chance of winning.
“Barley is a lovely village but due to its rural location is isolated with few amenities for young children.”
You may also want to watch:
To vote, visit foundation.onefamily.com/community-awards/gaining-support/how-to-vote-for-a-community-project.
To find out more about the community’s fundraising efforts, visit the Facebook page by searching Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee.
- 1 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 2 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 5 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
- 6 Families of care home residents worry about vaccine roll-out delays
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 9 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn