Rundown Barley playground plea for refurb votes
- Credit: Archant
People in Barley are calling on friends in Royston and the surrounding area to vote for a much needed playground refurbishment.
The makeover would cost about £60,000, so to help ease the cost, a group of nine mums have applied for a community grant worth £25,000.
The grant will be decided by public vote and people have until June 29 to pledge their votes for the One Family award.
Lucy Ridgeway, a member of the group fundraising for the refurbishment, said: “We really need people in Royston and the surrounding villages to get behind us and vote for the Barley playground to stand a chance of winning.
“Barley is a lovely village but due to its rural location is isolated with few amenities for young children.”
You may also want to watch:
To vote, visit foundation.onefamily.com/community-awards/gaining-support/how-to-vote-for-a-community-project.
To find out more about the community’s fundraising efforts, visit the Facebook page by searching Barley Playground Refurbishment Committee.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 8 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft