Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer sets a puzzling trail in Royston high street shops
- Credit: Archant
Rudolf the reindeer hijacked Royston town centre on Saturday with a Christmas trail.
Children followed clues to find reindeer in the windows of shops in John Street, Angel Pavement, High Street and Market Hill.
Each reindeer found was converted into a Lego prize for the lucky winners.
The aim of the event was to increase footfall in the town centre while spreading a bit of Christmas cheer.
Rachel Morgan, whose seven-year-old daughter Sophie took part in the fun, said: “We’ve only recently moved back into Royston, and I find all of this absolutely great. It’s a wonderful family atmosphere, a good advert for the town.”
You may also want to watch:
Briony Williams said: “This is an absolutely superb day, and really wonderful to see so many people shopping in Royston.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident