Royston youth club set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A popular youth club is reopening later this month.
The Burns Road Hangout caters for young people aged between eight and 13 years old who attend Roysia Middle School. It runs every Friday from 4pm to 5.30pm at Coombes Community Centre on Burns Road, Royston, with the first session of term taking place on Friday, September 26.
Royston councillor Tony Hunter, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for community engagement said: “The Burns Road Hangout relies solely on the hard work of the district council’s community play team and the volunteers who run the club.
“The youth club plays an important role in the area and we would like to encourage local young people in the area to come along and enjoy what it has to offer.”
Drop-in sessions at the club include activities such as cooking, sports, arts and music. Alternatively young people can just come along to socialise with friends.
You may also want to watch:
The youth club is organised by the district council in partnership with Royston Community Association and costs 50p per session to attend.
For more information contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?