Royston youth club set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A popular youth club is reopening later this month.
The Burns Road Hangout caters for young people aged between eight and 13 years old who attend Roysia Middle School. It runs every Friday from 4pm to 5.30pm at Coombes Community Centre on Burns Road, Royston, with the first session of term taking place on Friday, September 26.
Royston councillor Tony Hunter, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for community engagement said: “The Burns Road Hangout relies solely on the hard work of the district council’s community play team and the volunteers who run the club.
“The youth club plays an important role in the area and we would like to encourage local young people in the area to come along and enjoy what it has to offer.”
Drop-in sessions at the club include activities such as cooking, sports, arts and music. Alternatively young people can just come along to socialise with friends.
You may also want to watch:
The youth club is organised by the district council in partnership with Royston Community Association and costs 50p per session to attend.
For more information contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 8 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 9 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife