Royston youth club set to reopen
- Credit: Archant
A popular youth club is reopening later this month.
The Burns Road Hangout caters for young people aged between eight and 13 years old who attend Roysia Middle School. It runs every Friday from 4pm to 5.30pm at Coombes Community Centre on Burns Road, Royston, with the first session of term taking place on Friday, September 26.
Royston councillor Tony Hunter, North Herts District Council’s portfolio holder for community engagement said: “The Burns Road Hangout relies solely on the hard work of the district council’s community play team and the volunteers who run the club.
“The youth club plays an important role in the area and we would like to encourage local young people in the area to come along and enjoy what it has to offer.”
Drop-in sessions at the club include activities such as cooking, sports, arts and music. Alternatively young people can just come along to socialise with friends.
You may also want to watch:
The youth club is organised by the district council in partnership with Royston Community Association and costs 50p per session to attend.
For more information contact Gemma Crosk on 01462 474560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 7 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued