Royston woman set for Iceland trek with Chloe Madeley and Vicky Pattison to raise funds for CoppaFeel!
- Credit: Archant
A Royston woman is chuffed to bits after being chosen to take part in a trek across Iceland to raise money and awareness for breast cancer charity CoppaFeel!
Senior barn leader at Newsells Park Stud Kim Skolfield was inspired by the good work her mum Karen Duncombe does as a breast care nurse specialist.
She said: “I lost my stepdad Tim after he suffered a heart attack a couple of years ago and since then I have been really active, taking part in many events like obstacle races.
“I saw the opportunity to do the trek and I thought: ‘Life is too short, this seems like an amazing opportunity’.”
The team will be trekking for four days in August across the Landmannalaugar route, one of the most active volcanic area in the country, to complete a 58km challenge.
You may also want to watch:
Also taking part are Chloe Madeley, the daughter of TV couple Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, and Geordie Shore star and I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! winner Vicky Pattison.
So far Kim has raised £1,500 and has organised a raffle and quiz night due to take place next Wednesday. She said: “It would be amazing for any local businesses to get involved or make a donation or raffle prize towards this brilliant charity.”
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
She also plans to hold some kind of sports fundraiser at Wilmotts Gym, perhaps a rowing challenge.
Find about more at icelandcoppafeel.everydayhero.com/uk/kim.
For more information about the charity and #teamboobs, visit the website at coppafeel.org.