Royston woman set for Iceland trek with Chloe Madeley and Vicky Pattison to raise funds for CoppaFeel!
- Credit: Archant
A Royston woman is chuffed to bits after being chosen to take part in a trek across Iceland to raise money and awareness for breast cancer charity CoppaFeel!
Senior barn leader at Newsells Park Stud Kim Skolfield was inspired by the good work her mum Karen Duncombe does as a breast care nurse specialist.
She said: “I lost my stepdad Tim after he suffered a heart attack a couple of years ago and since then I have been really active, taking part in many events like obstacle races.
“I saw the opportunity to do the trek and I thought: ‘Life is too short, this seems like an amazing opportunity’.”
The team will be trekking for four days in August across the Landmannalaugar route, one of the most active volcanic area in the country, to complete a 58km challenge.
Also taking part are Chloe Madeley, the daughter of TV couple Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan, and Geordie Shore star and I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here! winner Vicky Pattison.
So far Kim has raised £1,500 and has organised a raffle and quiz night due to take place next Wednesday. She said: “It would be amazing for any local businesses to get involved or make a donation or raffle prize towards this brilliant charity.”
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 5 Children's kite design competition winners announced
- 6 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
- 7 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 8 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
- 9 Mid-August railway strike set to hit Hertfordshire train lines
- 10 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
She also plans to hold some kind of sports fundraiser at Wilmotts Gym, perhaps a rowing challenge.
Find about more at icelandcoppafeel.everydayhero.com/uk/kim.
For more information about the charity and #teamboobs, visit the website at coppafeel.org.