Royston woman named Specsavers Everywoman ambassador for 2014
- Credit: Archant
A Royston woman has been rewarded for her work in retail by being named a Specsavers Everywoman ambassador for 2014.
Heather Blackman is commercial managing director of luxury British chocolatier, Hotel Chocolat, which has an office in Newark Close.
The 51-year-old received her award at the ceremony in London last September, when she was praised for her “determined, positive attitude and a willingness to never stop learning and always look forward”.
Before taking up her present role in 2008, Heather progressed through several fashion industries including Topshop, Mark One, Laura Ashley and Fat Face.
Her influence on the £70 million business sees her managing the commercial side of 70 lifestyle stores and implementing ideas such as a customer service initiative called ‘the 100 per cent Happiness Programme’.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Specsavers Everywoman awards said: “Heather juggles a busy family life alongside a two-hour commute and is a champion of women within the business. Working in a senior team that is one-third female, Heather’s calm and composed approach to management is credited with instilling self-confidence in her team.”
For more information about the awards visit www.everywoman.com/retailambassador.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash