Royston woman named Specsavers Everywoman ambassador for 2014
- Credit: Archant
A Royston woman has been rewarded for her work in retail by being named a Specsavers Everywoman ambassador for 2014.
Heather Blackman is commercial managing director of luxury British chocolatier, Hotel Chocolat, which has an office in Newark Close.
The 51-year-old received her award at the ceremony in London last September, when she was praised for her “determined, positive attitude and a willingness to never stop learning and always look forward”.
Before taking up her present role in 2008, Heather progressed through several fashion industries including Topshop, Mark One, Laura Ashley and Fat Face.
Her influence on the £70 million business sees her managing the commercial side of 70 lifestyle stores and implementing ideas such as a customer service initiative called ‘the 100 per cent Happiness Programme’.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Specsavers Everywoman awards said: “Heather juggles a busy family life alongside a two-hour commute and is a champion of women within the business. Working in a senior team that is one-third female, Heather’s calm and composed approach to management is credited with instilling self-confidence in her team.”
For more information about the awards visit www.everywoman.com/retailambassador.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 3 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 4 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 5 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 8 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 9 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 10 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash