Royston woman in the running for marathon in memory of Nicola Emmerson
- Credit: Archant
A sales executive from Royston is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her friend’s daughter.
Julie Calvert will be running the marathon for The Nicola Emmerson Trust – a charity set up in the name of her friend Julie’s daughter, who died from a sudden cardiac arrest in 2007.
The charity raises money for research into sudden cardiac death at Papworth Hospital in Papworth Everard.
The sales executive said: “I have known Nicola’s mum Julie for years and have supported many of their fundraising events.
“I volunteered to run the marathon for the charity not knowing really how difficult it would be to accomplish the required miles.
You may also want to watch:
“The furthest event run that I had participated in was 5k, and the longest run about 10 miles.
“After months of training and overwhelming support from my club Royston Runners, I feel ready and strong.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 When will bins be collected in North Hertfordshire again?
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 I will not stop fighting for our chalk streams, says South Cambs MP
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 More than £2 million in funding set to save leisure centres under threat
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
“I’m not really sure of completion time, it’s more important for me to get to the finish and cross the line.”
You can donate to Julie’s fundraising page by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/JulieCalvert3.