Royston woman in the running for marathon in memory of Nicola Emmerson
- Credit: Archant
A sales executive from Royston is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her friend’s daughter.
Julie Calvert will be running the marathon for The Nicola Emmerson Trust – a charity set up in the name of her friend Julie’s daughter, who died from a sudden cardiac arrest in 2007.
The charity raises money for research into sudden cardiac death at Papworth Hospital in Papworth Everard.
The sales executive said: “I have known Nicola’s mum Julie for years and have supported many of their fundraising events.
“I volunteered to run the marathon for the charity not knowing really how difficult it would be to accomplish the required miles.
You may also want to watch:
“The furthest event run that I had participated in was 5k, and the longest run about 10 miles.
“After months of training and overwhelming support from my club Royston Runners, I feel ready and strong.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“I’m not really sure of completion time, it’s more important for me to get to the finish and cross the line.”
You can donate to Julie’s fundraising page by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/JulieCalvert3.