Royston woman in the running for marathon in memory of Nicola Emmerson
- Credit: Archant
A sales executive from Royston is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her friend’s daughter.
Julie Calvert will be running the marathon for The Nicola Emmerson Trust – a charity set up in the name of her friend Julie’s daughter, who died from a sudden cardiac arrest in 2007.
The charity raises money for research into sudden cardiac death at Papworth Hospital in Papworth Everard.
The sales executive said: “I have known Nicola’s mum Julie for years and have supported many of their fundraising events.
“I volunteered to run the marathon for the charity not knowing really how difficult it would be to accomplish the required miles.
You may also want to watch:
“The furthest event run that I had participated in was 5k, and the longest run about 10 miles.
“After months of training and overwhelming support from my club Royston Runners, I feel ready and strong.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
“I’m not really sure of completion time, it’s more important for me to get to the finish and cross the line.”
You can donate to Julie’s fundraising page by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/JulieCalvert3.