Royston woman in the running for marathon in memory of Nicola Emmerson
- Credit: Archant
A sales executive from Royston is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her friend’s daughter.
Julie Calvert will be running the marathon for The Nicola Emmerson Trust – a charity set up in the name of her friend Julie’s daughter, who died from a sudden cardiac arrest in 2007.
The charity raises money for research into sudden cardiac death at Papworth Hospital in Papworth Everard.
The sales executive said: “I have known Nicola’s mum Julie for years and have supported many of their fundraising events.
“I volunteered to run the marathon for the charity not knowing really how difficult it would be to accomplish the required miles.
You may also want to watch:
“The furthest event run that I had participated in was 5k, and the longest run about 10 miles.
“After months of training and overwhelming support from my club Royston Runners, I feel ready and strong.
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 3 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 4 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
“I’m not really sure of completion time, it’s more important for me to get to the finish and cross the line.”
You can donate to Julie’s fundraising page by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/JulieCalvert3.