Royston woman in the running for marathon in memory of Nicola Emmerson
- Credit: Archant
A sales executive from Royston is set to run the London Marathon in memory of her friend’s daughter.
Julie Calvert will be running the marathon for The Nicola Emmerson Trust – a charity set up in the name of her friend Julie’s daughter, who died from a sudden cardiac arrest in 2007.
The charity raises money for research into sudden cardiac death at Papworth Hospital in Papworth Everard.
The sales executive said: “I have known Nicola’s mum Julie for years and have supported many of their fundraising events.
“I volunteered to run the marathon for the charity not knowing really how difficult it would be to accomplish the required miles.
“The furthest event run that I had participated in was 5k, and the longest run about 10 miles.
“After months of training and overwhelming support from my club Royston Runners, I feel ready and strong.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 4 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 5 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 6 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 7 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 8 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
“I’m not really sure of completion time, it’s more important for me to get to the finish and cross the line.”
You can donate to Julie’s fundraising page by visiting www.virginmoneygiving.com/JulieCalvert3.