Royston wins accolade for top public toilets
- Credit: Archant
Public toilets in Royston have won a coveted gong at the national Loo of The Year awards.
The public facilities at Fish Hill won the platinum award for unattended public convenience.
Councillor Peter Burt, NHDCs portfolio holder for waste and recycling and the environment, said: “Keeping busy toilets clean is a valuable service that requires a lot of commitment from those who look after them.
““We are proud to have been awarded platinum and gold loo of the year statuses and anyone who visits the three facilities will be guaranteed the best seats in town.”
The facilities at Howard Park and Gardens, Letchworth Garden City and The Arcade, Hitchin were also recognised with gold awards, rating both facilities among some of the top toilets in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Swedish company Danfo manages the toilets on behalf of the council, which receive thousands of visits every month.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn