Royston wins accolade for top public toilets
- Credit: Archant
Public toilets in Royston have won a coveted gong at the national Loo of The Year awards.
The public facilities at Fish Hill won the platinum award for unattended public convenience.
Councillor Peter Burt, NHDCs portfolio holder for waste and recycling and the environment, said: “Keeping busy toilets clean is a valuable service that requires a lot of commitment from those who look after them.
““We are proud to have been awarded platinum and gold loo of the year statuses and anyone who visits the three facilities will be guaranteed the best seats in town.”
The facilities at Howard Park and Gardens, Letchworth Garden City and The Arcade, Hitchin were also recognised with gold awards, rating both facilities among some of the top toilets in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Swedish company Danfo manages the toilets on behalf of the council, which receive thousands of visits every month.
- 1 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Where to get a walk-in Covid-19 vaccine in Cambridgeshire this weekend