Royston well represented at Garden House Hospice’s Starlight Walk 2014
- Credit: Archant
Royston will be well represented at a charity event taking place under the stars this weekend.
The Garden House Hospice’s Starlight Walk will see hundreds of people walking six or 10 miles for the Letchworth-based hospice.
Among those involved at the event, which takes place on Saturday, will be a quintet from Royston Runners.
Club members Maurice Hill, Glenn and Maureen Miller and Julie McGreal will be assisting as marshals on the night, while Geoff Dayus will be acting as a ‘sweeper marshal’, meaning he will ensure no-one gets left behind.
The Garden House Hospice offers hospice care and support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis.
Jo Wiffen, fundraiser at the Garden House Hospice, said: “It is a fabulous night so please consider walking under the stars for your local hospice that provides free specialist care to the people of Royston. We value every participant no matter how much they are able to raise in sponsorship.
“There is a real sense of achievement when walkers are cheered over the finish line and presented with a medal. Then it’s into the hall to receive a goody bag and enjoy a well-deserved hot drink and something to eat before heading home.”
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
There is still time to register for the walk, with online subscription available up until 10pm on Friday. Registration can also be done before 9pm on the night at a cost of £15 (cheque or cash only).
Starting at North Herts Leisure Centre, Letchworth, walkers can choose either a six or 10-mile course around the town.
The registration fee includes a Starlight cap, water, goodie bag and refreshments at the finish. To book your place visit www.ghhospice.co.uk or pick up a leaflet at one of the hospice shops across the area.