Royston well represented at Garden House Hospice’s Starlight Walk 2014
- Credit: Archant
Royston will be well represented at a charity event taking place under the stars this weekend.
The Garden House Hospice’s Starlight Walk will see hundreds of people walking six or 10 miles for the Letchworth-based hospice.
Among those involved at the event, which takes place on Saturday, will be a quintet from Royston Runners.
Club members Maurice Hill, Glenn and Maureen Miller and Julie McGreal will be assisting as marshals on the night, while Geoff Dayus will be acting as a ‘sweeper marshal’, meaning he will ensure no-one gets left behind.
The Garden House Hospice offers hospice care and support to patients from the community with a terminal diagnosis.
You may also want to watch:
Jo Wiffen, fundraiser at the Garden House Hospice, said: “It is a fabulous night so please consider walking under the stars for your local hospice that provides free specialist care to the people of Royston. We value every participant no matter how much they are able to raise in sponsorship.
“There is a real sense of achievement when walkers are cheered over the finish line and presented with a medal. Then it’s into the hall to receive a goody bag and enjoy a well-deserved hot drink and something to eat before heading home.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 4 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 9 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services
- 10 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
There is still time to register for the walk, with online subscription available up until 10pm on Friday. Registration can also be done before 9pm on the night at a cost of £15 (cheque or cash only).
Starting at North Herts Leisure Centre, Letchworth, walkers can choose either a six or 10-mile course around the town.
The registration fee includes a Starlight cap, water, goodie bag and refreshments at the finish. To book your place visit www.ghhospice.co.uk or pick up a leaflet at one of the hospice shops across the area.