Royston Volunteer Centre focus: A chance to put your skills to good use, and build your experience
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham talks about Skills Share Herts
If you have professional skills and are able to help out a charity on a short term basis with a specific project or activity, or if you are a voluntary organisation, community group or charity needing expert help, then we would like to hear from you.
Accountancy, business planning, commissioning, database development, financial planning, graphic design, health & safety, HR, ICT planning, income generation, legal, marketing, mediation, photography, premises management, procurement, public relations, quality standards, risk management, social media, training and web design are all skills that could make a real difference.
In partnership with Volunteer Centre colleagues across Hertfordshire, we have developed a groundbreaking project which uses specially designed software to link volunteers with professional skills to charities that need specific help for short term pieces of work.
For businesses, Skills Share Herts offers opportunities for staff training and a means of developing, measuring and promoting CSR activities.
You may also want to watch:
It can also demonstrate the company’s commitment to the local community which is important for staff retention and customer loyalty.
For individuals it can offer an opportunity to create a new career path, or promote personal development.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
And for charities, it provides access to a range of professional and business skills which help solve problems, build capacity, improve efficiency and support the management and delivery of services.
To find out more please visit skillsshareherts.ivo.org or contact us.
Once you have registered you can add your professional skills offers and browse the opportunities to help local charities.