Royston Volunteer Centre focus: A chance to put your skills to good use, and build your experience
- Credit: Archant
Volunteer Centre manager Denise Graham talks about Skills Share Herts
If you have professional skills and are able to help out a charity on a short term basis with a specific project or activity, or if you are a voluntary organisation, community group or charity needing expert help, then we would like to hear from you.
Accountancy, business planning, commissioning, database development, financial planning, graphic design, health & safety, HR, ICT planning, income generation, legal, marketing, mediation, photography, premises management, procurement, public relations, quality standards, risk management, social media, training and web design are all skills that could make a real difference.
In partnership with Volunteer Centre colleagues across Hertfordshire, we have developed a groundbreaking project which uses specially designed software to link volunteers with professional skills to charities that need specific help for short term pieces of work.
For businesses, Skills Share Herts offers opportunities for staff training and a means of developing, measuring and promoting CSR activities.
You may also want to watch:
It can also demonstrate the company’s commitment to the local community which is important for staff retention and customer loyalty.
For individuals it can offer an opportunity to create a new career path, or promote personal development.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 South Cambs MP launches new forum to champion local life sciences
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 6 Experts to discuss mental health at new online festival
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 9 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
And for charities, it provides access to a range of professional and business skills which help solve problems, build capacity, improve efficiency and support the management and delivery of services.
To find out more please visit skillsshareherts.ivo.org or contact us.
Once you have registered you can add your professional skills offers and browse the opportunities to help local charities.