Royston Urban Transport plan goes on display
THE future of transport infrastructure in Royston was on show at two exhibitions in the town. Residents got a chance to look at the urban transport plan for Royston at the exhibitions held at Royston town hall. The plan, devised by Hertfordshire county co
THE future of transport infrastructure in Royston was on show at two exhibitions in the town.
Residents got a chance to look at the urban transport plan for Royston at the exhibitions held at Royston town hall.
The plan, devised by Hertfordshire county council in conjunction with North Herts district council, includes the introduction of new toucan crossings in Melbourn Road and Old North Road, the widening of pavements in Fish Hill and upgrades to Royston bus station.
These projects identified in the plan will all be completed within the next five years.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at last week's meeting of the district council's Royston area committee, Simon Young, the district council's planning policy officer, said: "We had more than 30 people come along and view the plans at the first exhibition, and we've already received a lot of feedback forms too."
Cllr Fiona Hill, chairman of the committee, said: "It is good to see that people have seen the plans and want to get involved."
- 1 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 2 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 3 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 4 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Family remembers teacher Frank who taught many how to swim
- 10 What can open on April 12 when lockdown rules ease?
Public consultation on the plan continues until Friday February 19. Anyone wishing to make a response can do so via the county council website, www.hertsdirect.org.