Royston retirees take part in virtual Zoom tour of London
- Credit: Archant
Members of Royston’s University of the Third Age (U3A) took part in a virtual walking tour of London in their first monthly meeting since lockdown.
Thanks to the wonders of Zoom, 100 Royston U3A members were given a virtual tour of Fulham and Chelsea by blue badge guide Emma Matthews.
The group’s first online session went smoothly, without any technical hitches.
Welcoming everyone back, chairman Jackie Gellert said: “It’s wonderful that by being able to embrace technology we can all meet up and see one another again.”
The University of the Third Age is aimed at retired and semi-retired people, enabling them to meet and explore new topics together.
You may also want to watch:
Royston U3A has over 30 interest groups, and some including book groups and groups to discuss current affairs have started meeting online.
For more information go to www.u3asites.org.uk/royston
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 10 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19