Royston retirees take part in virtual Zoom tour of London
- Credit: Archant
Members of Royston’s University of the Third Age (U3A) took part in a virtual walking tour of London in their first monthly meeting since lockdown.
Thanks to the wonders of Zoom, 100 Royston U3A members were given a virtual tour of Fulham and Chelsea by blue badge guide Emma Matthews.
The group’s first online session went smoothly, without any technical hitches.
Welcoming everyone back, chairman Jackie Gellert said: “It’s wonderful that by being able to embrace technology we can all meet up and see one another again.”
The University of the Third Age is aimed at retired and semi-retired people, enabling them to meet and explore new topics together.
You may also want to watch:
Royston U3A has over 30 interest groups, and some including book groups and groups to discuss current affairs have started meeting online.
For more information go to www.u3asites.org.uk/royston
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe