Royston turns into winter wonderland as snow settles
- Credit: Archant
This picture capturing the snowy scene at Priory Gardens was taken by Royston photographer David Hatton when the snow settled over the town on Friday.
Weather enthusiast Richard Dajda said: “Despite 2014 being fairly mild, 2015 has so far been our coldest year since 2012.
“The met office are sending out weather warnings constantly.
“There’s forecast to be more frost and cold conditions ahead.”
People took to Twitter to comment on the wintry conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Norton said: “Wow, some snow storm that in Royston – get to Hitchin and it’s green grass everywhere.”
Andrew Lawrence said: “I’m in Dundee and it snows in Royston...Why can’t I have snow? I want snow!”
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 5 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 6 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 7 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 8 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire
Ollie James Pottrill said: “Haircut done, walking back to car in snow, cold ears.”
You can view weather updates at Richard’s website on www.dajda.net.