Royston turns into winter wonderland as snow settles
- Credit: Archant
This picture capturing the snowy scene at Priory Gardens was taken by Royston photographer David Hatton when the snow settled over the town on Friday.
Weather enthusiast Richard Dajda said: “Despite 2014 being fairly mild, 2015 has so far been our coldest year since 2012.
“The met office are sending out weather warnings constantly.
“There’s forecast to be more frost and cold conditions ahead.”
People took to Twitter to comment on the wintry conditions.
Chris Norton said: “Wow, some snow storm that in Royston – get to Hitchin and it’s green grass everywhere.”
Andrew Lawrence said: “I’m in Dundee and it snows in Royston...Why can’t I have snow? I want snow!”
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
Ollie James Pottrill said: “Haircut done, walking back to car in snow, cold ears.”
You can view weather updates at Richard’s website on www.dajda.net.