Royston turns into winter wonderland as snow settles
- Credit: Archant
This picture capturing the snowy scene at Priory Gardens was taken by Royston photographer David Hatton when the snow settled over the town on Friday.
Weather enthusiast Richard Dajda said: “Despite 2014 being fairly mild, 2015 has so far been our coldest year since 2012.
“The met office are sending out weather warnings constantly.
“There’s forecast to be more frost and cold conditions ahead.”
People took to Twitter to comment on the wintry conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Norton said: “Wow, some snow storm that in Royston – get to Hitchin and it’s green grass everywhere.”
Andrew Lawrence said: “I’m in Dundee and it snows in Royston...Why can’t I have snow? I want snow!”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 3 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 5 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 6 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 7 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 8 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 9 Publish and be damned: 'farmgate' report goes to the vote
- 10 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
Ollie James Pottrill said: “Haircut done, walking back to car in snow, cold ears.”
You can view weather updates at Richard’s website on www.dajda.net.