Royston turns into winter wonderland as snow settles
- Credit: Archant
This picture capturing the snowy scene at Priory Gardens was taken by Royston photographer David Hatton when the snow settled over the town on Friday.
Weather enthusiast Richard Dajda said: “Despite 2014 being fairly mild, 2015 has so far been our coldest year since 2012.
“The met office are sending out weather warnings constantly.
“There’s forecast to be more frost and cold conditions ahead.”
People took to Twitter to comment on the wintry conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Norton said: “Wow, some snow storm that in Royston – get to Hitchin and it’s green grass everywhere.”
Andrew Lawrence said: “I’m in Dundee and it snows in Royston...Why can’t I have snow? I want snow!”
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 3 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 4 Local Election 2021 results: NHDC leader loses seat
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Local Election 2021: Counting starts for North Herts council
- 7 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 8 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 9 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 10 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
Ollie James Pottrill said: “Haircut done, walking back to car in snow, cold ears.”
You can view weather updates at Richard’s website on www.dajda.net.