Royston townsfolk are learning how to bee crafty
- Credit: Archant
A new craft group in Royston is going down a storm after being set up as part of the North Herts CVS Love Your Neighbourhood Campaign.
The free Bee Crafty workshops are being held at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Jenny Veale, who runs the workshops, said: “At our first session we learned how to do various techniques using inks and stencils. “Everyone had a really enjoyable time, no one wanted to leave at the end of the afternoon.”
Each week visitors get the chance to learn and try out new techniques or they are free to sit and watch – the group is very informal with no previous experience needed.
The next workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at 2pm in the Harris Room.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Jenny on 07855323052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, feel free to drop in on one of the informal meetings.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
To find out more about the Love Your Neighbourhood campaign, go to www.lynnorthherts.org.
The campaign has focused on enhancing engagement with local people in areas of deprivation.