Royston townsfolk are learning how to bee crafty
- Credit: Archant
A new craft group in Royston is going down a storm after being set up as part of the North Herts CVS Love Your Neighbourhood Campaign.
The free Bee Crafty workshops are being held at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Jenny Veale, who runs the workshops, said: “At our first session we learned how to do various techniques using inks and stencils. “Everyone had a really enjoyable time, no one wanted to leave at the end of the afternoon.”
Each week visitors get the chance to learn and try out new techniques or they are free to sit and watch – the group is very informal with no previous experience needed.
The next workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at 2pm in the Harris Room.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Jenny on 07855323052 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, feel free to drop in on one of the informal meetings.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 7 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
To find out more about the Love Your Neighbourhood campaign, go to www.lynnorthherts.org.
The campaign has focused on enhancing engagement with local people in areas of deprivation.