Royston townsfolk are learning how to bee crafty
- Credit: Archant
A new craft group in Royston is going down a storm after being set up as part of the North Herts CVS Love Your Neighbourhood Campaign.
The free Bee Crafty workshops are being held at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Jenny Veale, who runs the workshops, said: “At our first session we learned how to do various techniques using inks and stencils. “Everyone had a really enjoyable time, no one wanted to leave at the end of the afternoon.”
Each week visitors get the chance to learn and try out new techniques or they are free to sit and watch – the group is very informal with no previous experience needed.
The next workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at 2pm in the Harris Room.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Jenny on 07855323052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, feel free to drop in on one of the informal meetings.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
To find out more about the Love Your Neighbourhood campaign, go to www.lynnorthherts.org.
The campaign has focused on enhancing engagement with local people in areas of deprivation.