Royston townsfolk are learning how to bee crafty
- Credit: Archant
A new craft group in Royston is going down a storm after being set up as part of the North Herts CVS Love Your Neighbourhood Campaign.
The free Bee Crafty workshops are being held at Coombes Community Centre in Burns Road on the first and third Tuesday of every month.
Jenny Veale, who runs the workshops, said: “At our first session we learned how to do various techniques using inks and stencils. “Everyone had a really enjoyable time, no one wanted to leave at the end of the afternoon.”
Each week visitors get the chance to learn and try out new techniques or they are free to sit and watch – the group is very informal with no previous experience needed.
The next workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 15 at 2pm in the Harris Room.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Jenny on 07855323052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, feel free to drop in on one of the informal meetings.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 5 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 6 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 7 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 8 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
To find out more about the Love Your Neighbourhood campaign, go to www.lynnorthherts.org.
The campaign has focused on enhancing engagement with local people in areas of deprivation.