Royston town councillor hits out at ‘senseless behaviour’ after park vandalism
- Credit: Archant
A Royston town councillor has hit out at ‘senseless behaviour’ which saw a newly-planted garden feature destroyed last week.
Vandals struck at Priory Memorial Gardens by pulling up the maze and herbaceous borders which had only been planted three days earlier.
Councillor and Royston in Bloom chairman Les Baker said: “The destruction is another example of senseless behaviour.
“Perhaps it is about time that CCTV is installed in the gardens in the hope that the culprits will be apprehended – and have to pay for the damage caused.
“We on the Royston in Bloom committee – like so many of our residents – are proud of the appearance of the gardens and appreciate the work which is carried out during the year to preserve its high standard.
You may also want to watch:
“It really is about time that those who commit such vandalism realise the implications and the cost of their actions. In fact, there is no need for such behaviour in any circumstances.”
North Hertfordshire District Council’s grounds team are currently assessing the damage made, retrieving any plants that can be saved and clearing the area up.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Johnson heading to sensational victory to become Labour Mayor of Cambridgeshire
- 8 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 9 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 10 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return