Royston town councillor hits out at ‘senseless behaviour’ after park vandalism
- Credit: Archant
A Royston town councillor has hit out at ‘senseless behaviour’ which saw a newly-planted garden feature destroyed last week.
Vandals struck at Priory Memorial Gardens by pulling up the maze and herbaceous borders which had only been planted three days earlier.
Councillor and Royston in Bloom chairman Les Baker said: “The destruction is another example of senseless behaviour.
“Perhaps it is about time that CCTV is installed in the gardens in the hope that the culprits will be apprehended – and have to pay for the damage caused.
“We on the Royston in Bloom committee – like so many of our residents – are proud of the appearance of the gardens and appreciate the work which is carried out during the year to preserve its high standard.
You may also want to watch:
“It really is about time that those who commit such vandalism realise the implications and the cost of their actions. In fact, there is no need for such behaviour in any circumstances.”
North Hertfordshire District Council’s grounds team are currently assessing the damage made, retrieving any plants that can be saved and clearing the area up.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident