Royston town councillor hits out at ‘senseless behaviour’ after park vandalism
- Credit: Archant
A Royston town councillor has hit out at ‘senseless behaviour’ which saw a newly-planted garden feature destroyed last week.
Vandals struck at Priory Memorial Gardens by pulling up the maze and herbaceous borders which had only been planted three days earlier.
Councillor and Royston in Bloom chairman Les Baker said: “The destruction is another example of senseless behaviour.
“Perhaps it is about time that CCTV is installed in the gardens in the hope that the culprits will be apprehended – and have to pay for the damage caused.
“We on the Royston in Bloom committee – like so many of our residents – are proud of the appearance of the gardens and appreciate the work which is carried out during the year to preserve its high standard.
You may also want to watch:
“It really is about time that those who commit such vandalism realise the implications and the cost of their actions. In fact, there is no need for such behaviour in any circumstances.”
North Hertfordshire District Council’s grounds team are currently assessing the damage made, retrieving any plants that can be saved and clearing the area up.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services