Royston Town Council responds to Morrisons closure plans
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town Council has responded to plans to close Morrisons, as residents fight to save the store.
Morrisons announced last week that there were plans to close the store due to the lease being up and having found “no viable option” to keep the Baldock Street store open.
Since then there has been an outpouring of community support to save the store.
A statement from the town council said: “Royston Town Council very much wants Morrisons to stay in Royston.
“Morrisons provides an essential service to our community both as a supermarket and also in the way they attract footfall to the rest of the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We support the actions of Sir Oliver Heald, district and county councillors and everyone who has signed the petition to keep Morrisons in Royston.
“As your town council, we will do everything we are able to help retain this vital resource for the people of Royston.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021