Royston Town Council responds to Morrisons closure plans
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town Council has responded to plans to close Morrisons, as residents fight to save the store.
Morrisons announced last week that there were plans to close the store due to the lease being up and having found “no viable option” to keep the Baldock Street store open.
Since then there has been an outpouring of community support to save the store.
A statement from the town council said: “Royston Town Council very much wants Morrisons to stay in Royston.
“Morrisons provides an essential service to our community both as a supermarket and also in the way they attract footfall to the rest of the town centre.
You may also want to watch:
“We support the actions of Sir Oliver Heald, district and county councillors and everyone who has signed the petition to keep Morrisons in Royston.
“As your town council, we will do everything we are able to help retain this vital resource for the people of Royston.”
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room