Royston Town Band members look forward to concert with musicians from France during twinning visit
- Credit: Clive Porter
Members of Royston Town Band are looking forward to playing with their French counterparts from La Loupe when members cross the channel to visit the town this weekend.
The band, A Tout Vents from La Loupe, and other twinners will arrive on Thursday and will visit Sandringham in Norfolk before having a barbecue and reception at The Heath Sports Club on Friday evening and will take part in the Entente Musicale concert at Royston’s parish church on Saturday evening.
Band secretary Roger Simons, who also plays the baritone horn, said: “We are looking forward to it. It is the first time we’ve held a concert with the band from La Loupe.”
The concert music includes Fanfare to the Flower of Immortality, La Vie En Rose and The Acrobat. Admission is free and it starts at 7.30pm.
There will also be a special naming ceremony for the new La Loupe Court development in the cross area of the town on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Town band, who have been going for more than 150 years are also looking to start up a history project of the band.
For more information go to roystontownband.org.uk
And to find out more about twinning see www.roystontowntwinning.org
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 8 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show