Free tool-marking event in Royston in response to ongoing theft problem
- Credit: Archant
Another tool-marking event aimed at preventing tool thefts in Royston and the surrounding villages is to take place this week.
More than 40 people attended the last session in Therfield in May, which was held by the Safer Neighbourhood Team in partnership with Royston First and North Herts District Council.
As well as getting their tools marked for free, the first visitors also were given free alarms and tool marking fluid kits.
Sgt Guy Westwood said: “We were delighted by the response to our first event and hope the next one will be equally well attended.
“It is not only a chance to get some free security products and advice, but also a chance to meet your local officers.
You may also want to watch:
“Thefts from vehicles, particularly tools in vans and garages and sheds are a continual problem for us at the moment. The more people can do to protect their property the less likely they are to become a victim of this type of crime.
“Once again we have teamed up with Royston First and North Herts District Council to hold another event to help owners of tools and vans in the area protect their property. Engraving or marking your tools makes them less attractive to thieves and also easier to return if they are stolen and later recovered by police.”
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
The next tool-marking drop-in is planned for Thursday at Jewson in Royston’s Orchard Road Industrial Estate between 10am and 2pm, and once again free security products will be available on a first come first served basis.
If you cannot make it – but would like to get your tools marked – call the Safer Neighbourhood Team on 01707 354192 or email SNTRoystonandRoystonRural@Herts.pnn.police.uk