Royston toilets named top quality in annual awards
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pub has been awarded a platinum star rating for its top-class toilet facilities.
The Manor House in Melbourn Street was commended for the quality and standard of its toilets at the Loo of The Year Awards.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness and overall management.
The Wetherspoons pub is managed by Scott Jones, who was proud of the pub’s achievement. He said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at sites across the UK in order to judge them.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The Loo of the Year Awards 2015 managing director Mike Bone said: “The toilets at The Manor House have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”