Royston toilets named top quality in annual awards
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pub has been awarded a platinum star rating for its top-class toilet facilities.
The Manor House in Melbourn Street was commended for the quality and standard of its toilets at the Loo of The Year Awards.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness and overall management.
The Wetherspoons pub is managed by Scott Jones, who was proud of the pub’s achievement. He said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at sites across the UK in order to judge them.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
The Loo of the Year Awards 2015 managing director Mike Bone said: “The toilets at The Manor House have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”