Royston toilets named top quality in annual awards
- Credit: Archant
A Royston pub has been awarded a platinum star rating for its top-class toilet facilities.
The Manor House in Melbourn Street was commended for the quality and standard of its toilets at the Loo of The Year Awards.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness and overall management.
The Wetherspoons pub is managed by Scott Jones, who was proud of the pub’s achievement. He said: “I am delighted with the award.
“Staff at the pub ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
You may also want to watch:
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at sites across the UK in order to judge them.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
The Loo of the Year Awards 2015 managing director Mike Bone said: “The toilets at The Manor House have been designed and fitted out to a very high standard and are both clean and well maintained.
“The pub richly deserves its platinum award – the highest individual award the judges can deliver.”