Royston teen arrested in connection with violent assault
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers, including one from Royston, have been arrested in connection with an alleged violent assault which occurred in Station Road, Buntingford, on Friday.
The assault left a 14-year-old boy injured and in need of hospital treatment.
The boy was walking along the road at about 7.30pm when he was approached by four teenage boys and, after an argument, the boys allegedly attacked him.
A member of the public then intervened and stopped the assault before the four boys ran off from the scene.
The offenders were described as being in their late teens and were each reported to be wearing hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was arrested on Tuesday and a 15-year-old boy from Buntingford was arrested on Sunday in connection with the assault.
Det Con Karen Parrott, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and saw it take place to get in contact with me as soon as possible so we can piece together the circumstances of the incident.” If you have any information, call police on 101.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 6 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident