Royston teen arrested in connection with violent assault
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers, including one from Royston, have been arrested in connection with an alleged violent assault which occurred in Station Road, Buntingford, on Friday.
The assault left a 14-year-old boy injured and in need of hospital treatment.
The boy was walking along the road at about 7.30pm when he was approached by four teenage boys and, after an argument, the boys allegedly attacked him.
A member of the public then intervened and stopped the assault before the four boys ran off from the scene.
The offenders were described as being in their late teens and were each reported to be wearing hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was arrested on Tuesday and a 15-year-old boy from Buntingford was arrested on Sunday in connection with the assault.
Det Con Karen Parrott, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and saw it take place to get in contact with me as soon as possible so we can piece together the circumstances of the incident.” If you have any information, call police on 101.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 Rail timetable change could see 'dramatic improvement' to village services