Royston teen arrested in connection with violent assault
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers, including one from Royston, have been arrested in connection with an alleged violent assault which occurred in Station Road, Buntingford, on Friday.
The assault left a 14-year-old boy injured and in need of hospital treatment.
The boy was walking along the road at about 7.30pm when he was approached by four teenage boys and, after an argument, the boys allegedly attacked him.
A member of the public then intervened and stopped the assault before the four boys ran off from the scene.
The offenders were described as being in their late teens and were each reported to be wearing hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy from Royston was arrested on Tuesday and a 15-year-old boy from Buntingford was arrested on Sunday in connection with the assault.
Det Con Karen Parrott, who is investigating, said: “I am appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident and saw it take place to get in contact with me as soon as possible so we can piece together the circumstances of the incident.” If you have any information, call police on 101.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 7 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Letchworth triumph over Royston in inaugural match