Royston tea party for terminal illness charity
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business woman held a tea party last week to raise funds for a charity helping people with terminal illness.
Nici Martin held the Blooming Great Tea Party for Marie Curie.
The event took place at Nici’s shop So Gifted and included afternoon tea and cake, a raffle and some retail therapy.
All the money raised from the Blooming Great Tea Party will help Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people living with a terminal illness in their own homes.
Nici said: “We had a fantastic time enjoying our favourite treats while knowing that every cup of tea and slice of cake will help Marie Curie nurses provide more free care to terminally ill people in Royston. Guests enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine for afternoon tea.”
You may also want to watch:
Nici’s tea party launched the start of the tea party season which takes place during June 20 to 29. Visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/teatime
or keep up to date on social media via #BloomingGreat.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College