Royston tea party for terminal illness charity
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business woman held a tea party last week to raise funds for a charity helping people with terminal illness.
Nici Martin held the Blooming Great Tea Party for Marie Curie.
The event took place at Nici’s shop So Gifted and included afternoon tea and cake, a raffle and some retail therapy.
All the money raised from the Blooming Great Tea Party will help Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people living with a terminal illness in their own homes.
Nici said: “We had a fantastic time enjoying our favourite treats while knowing that every cup of tea and slice of cake will help Marie Curie nurses provide more free care to terminally ill people in Royston. Guests enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine for afternoon tea.”
Nici’s tea party launched the start of the tea party season which takes place during June 20 to 29. Visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/teatime
or keep up to date on social media via #BloomingGreat.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products