Royston tea party for terminal illness charity
- Credit: Archant
A Royston business woman held a tea party last week to raise funds for a charity helping people with terminal illness.
Nici Martin held the Blooming Great Tea Party for Marie Curie.
The event took place at Nici’s shop So Gifted and included afternoon tea and cake, a raffle and some retail therapy.
All the money raised from the Blooming Great Tea Party will help Marie Curie nurses to provide more free care to people living with a terminal illness in their own homes.
Nici said: “We had a fantastic time enjoying our favourite treats while knowing that every cup of tea and slice of cake will help Marie Curie nurses provide more free care to terminally ill people in Royston. Guests enjoyed sitting out in the sunshine for afternoon tea.”
You may also want to watch:
Nici’s tea party launched the start of the tea party season which takes place during June 20 to 29. Visit www.mariecurie.org.uk/teatime
or keep up to date on social media via #BloomingGreat.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme