Royston tattoo artist takes inspiration from nature for her new art collection
- Credit: Archant
A Royston tattoo artist who draws inspiration from the spiritual world is excited to release new artwork.
Fongz Horabin, owner of Armadillo Ink in Kneesworth Street, has already attracted interest from buyers for her line Art By Finxster.
The nature-themed work features wild paintings of the Greenman, elegant doodles of stags and birds, and intricate drawings of Hindu god Ganesh.
The 51-year-old said: “I am always painting, I can’t sit and watch TV. Tattooing in itself is an art form. I’m quite spiritual – I love the stories behind Ganesh.
“My art brings out the relaxing side of me that still believes in fairies, that believes in the magic.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in Fongz’ work, visit her Facebook page Art By Finxster or pop into the studio.
People can also make requests for artwork, and Fongz hopes to branch out into creating an adult colouring book.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 10 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing