Royston tattoo artist takes inspiration from nature for her new art collection
- Credit: Archant
A Royston tattoo artist who draws inspiration from the spiritual world is excited to release new artwork.
Fongz Horabin, owner of Armadillo Ink in Kneesworth Street, has already attracted interest from buyers for her line Art By Finxster.
The nature-themed work features wild paintings of the Greenman, elegant doodles of stags and birds, and intricate drawings of Hindu god Ganesh.
The 51-year-old said: “I am always painting, I can’t sit and watch TV. Tattooing in itself is an art form. I’m quite spiritual – I love the stories behind Ganesh.
“My art brings out the relaxing side of me that still believes in fairies, that believes in the magic.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in Fongz’ work, visit her Facebook page Art By Finxster or pop into the studio.
People can also make requests for artwork, and Fongz hopes to branch out into creating an adult colouring book.
- 1 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 5 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 6 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 7 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation