Royston takeaway owners rejoice at five-star turnaround
- Credit: Archant
Royston takeaway owners are celebrating after the business was rated five-stars by the Foods Standards Agency.
It’s a turnaround for Royston Tandoori, which was rated two-stars last January, before Safwaan Choudhury took the reins in July.
He said: “In all my years working at other restaurants in the town, I have never witnessed an inspection so was slightly nervous when the inspector turned up unexpectedly.
“The rating is a reflection of an establishment’s food hygiene, structural compliance and confidence in management and we’re over the moon to have passed with flying colours.
“Receiving the five-stars serves as a real testament to my team and partners at Royston Tandoori – we’re immensely proud to have achieved this difficult feat.”
You may also want to watch:
Since Safwaan joined the business, a new head chef has been recruited, and there has been extensive renovations to the kitchen.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 2 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
- 3 Save pennies and the planet - why you should go along to Sustain-Ability event
- 4 Dance school pupils raise £1,000 to help teenagers with cancer
- 5 Book characters come to life at Foxton Scarecrow Festival
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Lights of Light festival returns to hospice to remember lost loved ones
- 8 More imaginative solutions are needed than women's safety app, says equality charity
- 9 Leave us alone, MP’s junior aide tells councillor who quizzed him on Kabul
- 10 Woman cyclist killed in A1307 lorry crash near Addenbrooke's Hospital