Royston takeaway owners rejoice at five-star turnaround
- Credit: Archant
Royston takeaway owners are celebrating after the business was rated five-stars by the Foods Standards Agency.
It’s a turnaround for Royston Tandoori, which was rated two-stars last January, before Safwaan Choudhury took the reins in July.
He said: “In all my years working at other restaurants in the town, I have never witnessed an inspection so was slightly nervous when the inspector turned up unexpectedly.
“The rating is a reflection of an establishment’s food hygiene, structural compliance and confidence in management and we’re over the moon to have passed with flying colours.
“Receiving the five-stars serves as a real testament to my team and partners at Royston Tandoori – we’re immensely proud to have achieved this difficult feat.”
You may also want to watch:
Since Safwaan joined the business, a new head chef has been recruited, and there has been extensive renovations to the kitchen.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife