Royston takeaway owners rejoice at five-star turnaround
- Credit: Archant
Royston takeaway owners are celebrating after the business was rated five-stars by the Foods Standards Agency.
It’s a turnaround for Royston Tandoori, which was rated two-stars last January, before Safwaan Choudhury took the reins in July.
He said: “In all my years working at other restaurants in the town, I have never witnessed an inspection so was slightly nervous when the inspector turned up unexpectedly.
“The rating is a reflection of an establishment’s food hygiene, structural compliance and confidence in management and we’re over the moon to have passed with flying colours.
“Receiving the five-stars serves as a real testament to my team and partners at Royston Tandoori – we’re immensely proud to have achieved this difficult feat.”
You may also want to watch:
Since Safwaan joined the business, a new head chef has been recruited, and there has been extensive renovations to the kitchen.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 9 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm