Royston swingband Opus 17 to perform farewell gig for two long-serving members
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s very own swing band are hosting a farewell concert for two long-serving members tomorrow afternoon, and are inviting the community to join them.
The gig will take place at The Old Bull Inn with singer Luan Hockley, and will be a thank you to Jo and Tim for their hard work in the band over the last decade.
Opus 17’s Graham Smith said: It’s a thank you to both for their hard work and dedication over the 10 years or so that have been with us.
“We are say ing au revoir rather than goodbye, as they intend to move back into the area in a couple of year’s time – so we hope that they will resume their connection with the band then.
It looks as though the weather will be kind tomorrow, so we we be playing our usual eclectic mix of traditional big band songs plus some more up to date vocals in the courtyard of the Old Bull.
“Our singer Luan Hockley, standing in for Kimberley who is on holiday.
“Luan worked with the band about eight years ago, and it will be a pleasure to have her sing with us again.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 8 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
“So we are inviting everyone to come and enjoy an afternoon’s music with us and to wish Tim and Jo all the best for the future.
It starts at 12 noon and the ending will be about 2pm to 2.30pm – and it’s free!”
If there is rain the gig will take place in the ballroom.
For more information call Graham on 01223 263171.