Royston swingband Opus 17 to perform farewell gig for two long-serving members
- Credit: Archant
Royston’s very own swing band are hosting a farewell concert for two long-serving members tomorrow afternoon, and are inviting the community to join them.
The gig will take place at The Old Bull Inn with singer Luan Hockley, and will be a thank you to Jo and Tim for their hard work in the band over the last decade.
Opus 17’s Graham Smith said: It’s a thank you to both for their hard work and dedication over the 10 years or so that have been with us.
“We are say ing au revoir rather than goodbye, as they intend to move back into the area in a couple of year’s time – so we hope that they will resume their connection with the band then.
It looks as though the weather will be kind tomorrow, so we we be playing our usual eclectic mix of traditional big band songs plus some more up to date vocals in the courtyard of the Old Bull.
You may also want to watch:
“Our singer Luan Hockley, standing in for Kimberley who is on holiday.
“Luan worked with the band about eight years ago, and it will be a pleasure to have her sing with us again.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
“So we are inviting everyone to come and enjoy an afternoon’s music with us and to wish Tim and Jo all the best for the future.
It starts at 12 noon and the ending will be about 2pm to 2.30pm – and it’s free!”
If there is rain the gig will take place in the ballroom.
For more information call Graham on 01223 263171.