Royston students perform at the Royal Albert Hall
- Credit: Archant
Students from a Royston school joined more than 1,000 children from across Hertfordshire for a performance at the Royal Albert Hall.
Thirty-four Year 5 and 6 pupils from Greneway School took part in the Hertfordshire Schools’ Gala Concert on Sunday.
The theme of the evening was the anniversary of the outbreak of World War I and included a piece commissioned for the occasion.
The concert opened with a Prelude, composed by competition-winning Jamie Roberts, a former Greneway pupil, before the programme moved through jazz and rock ’n’ roll to current pop. The pupils sang along with Britain’s Got Talent star Gabz on her single, Lighters, before the concert closed with a rendition of Coldplay’s Viva la Vida.
A spokesman for Greneway School said: “The pupils have been rehearsing twice a week since Christmas and their hard work really did pay off.
You may also want to watch:
“A fantastic event that the Greneway pupils were proud to be involved in.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people