Royston stall manager says cooks are still needed for business at risk of closure
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Royston market stall at risk of closure has said while she is pleased more people are buying things off the stall, cooks are still needed.
Marian Brewer said that Royston Country Market stall, based at the Corn Exchange in Market Hill, still requires cooks who can also commit to volunteering on the stall for about three hours a month.
Stall manager Marian Brewer said: “Cooks will need to have a hygiene certificate which can be applied for online, and pay five pence to join us as we are a co-operative and hence need insurance.
“They price their cooking to cover all expenses, then add 15 percent as we will deduct each month from their sales to cover costs of stall.
“We are a friendly group and our customers soon get to know you, before you know it your shift will be over, as you have not stopped chatting to people and serving!”
You may also want to watch:
If you think you can help, give Mrs Brewer a call on 01763 249858.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms