Royston stall manager says cooks are still needed for business at risk of closure
- Credit: Archant
The manager of a Royston market stall at risk of closure has said while she is pleased more people are buying things off the stall, cooks are still needed.
Marian Brewer said that Royston Country Market stall, based at the Corn Exchange in Market Hill, still requires cooks who can also commit to volunteering on the stall for about three hours a month.
Stall manager Marian Brewer said: “Cooks will need to have a hygiene certificate which can be applied for online, and pay five pence to join us as we are a co-operative and hence need insurance.
“They price their cooking to cover all expenses, then add 15 percent as we will deduct each month from their sales to cover costs of stall.
“We are a friendly group and our customers soon get to know you, before you know it your shift will be over, as you have not stopped chatting to people and serving!”
You may also want to watch:
If you think you can help, give Mrs Brewer a call on 01763 249858.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire