Royston sporting stars set to benefit from leisure facilities
- Credit: Archant
YOU may just be seeing more of our country’s most talented athletes in a Royston sports facility.
Sports stars who live in North Herts and represent any of the home nations are being given free, unlimited use of Royston Leisure Centre as part of a new plan.
The passport for excellence scheme is being rolled out by North Herts District Council in conjunction with Stevenage Leisure Limited to give talented athletes the opportunity to progress with their training. Other centres in the district will also be included.
It’s an attempt to continue the legacy left by the 2012 London Olympics.
Cllr Tricia Cowley, NHDC’s portfolio holder for community engagement, said: “There are a number of very talented athletes and sports people throughout the district, and we want help them achieve their full potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Passport for Excellence is an excellent way to ensure that they have access to some wonderful training facilities across North Herts.”
To qualify you must have been a permanent resident of North Hertfordshire for a minimum of 12 months and be able to provide evidence that you have been selected to represent your country within the next 12 months.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
To apply, search for Passport for Excellence at www.north-herts.gov.uk and complete an application form.