Royston sporting stars set to benefit from leisure facilities
- Credit: Archant
YOU may just be seeing more of our country’s most talented athletes in a Royston sports facility.
Sports stars who live in North Herts and represent any of the home nations are being given free, unlimited use of Royston Leisure Centre as part of a new plan.
The passport for excellence scheme is being rolled out by North Herts District Council in conjunction with Stevenage Leisure Limited to give talented athletes the opportunity to progress with their training. Other centres in the district will also be included.
It’s an attempt to continue the legacy left by the 2012 London Olympics.
Cllr Tricia Cowley, NHDC’s portfolio holder for community engagement, said: “There are a number of very talented athletes and sports people throughout the district, and we want help them achieve their full potential.
You may also want to watch:
“Passport for Excellence is an excellent way to ensure that they have access to some wonderful training facilities across North Herts.”
To qualify you must have been a permanent resident of North Hertfordshire for a minimum of 12 months and be able to provide evidence that you have been selected to represent your country within the next 12 months.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
To apply, search for Passport for Excellence at www.north-herts.gov.uk and complete an application form.