Royston slimmers donate 230 bags full of clothes to charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 bags of clothes that they no longer fit into have been donated by Royston Slimmers to Cancer Research UK.
Weight loss consultants who runs the Royston and surrounding area Slimming World groups, encouraged their members to spring-clean their wardrobes and collect the clothes they’ve successfully slimmed out of to donate to the Biggleswade Cancer Research UK shop.
The event was held as part of the organisation’s national fundraising campaign, known as the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
Consultant Lesley Thornalley-Grey from the Roysia group said: “The incredible members of our local groups have amazed me with their enthusiasm, dedication and commitment once again.
“This year’s Big Clothes Throw has been a fantastic success, and I can’t believe just how many bags our members, their friends and families have managed to collect for Cancer Research UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The Roysia group meets every Thursday at 7.30pm at Roysia Middle School.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Robot assists with cancer operations at Lister Hospital
- 6 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result