Royston slimmers donate 230 bags full of clothes to charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 bags of clothes that they no longer fit into have been donated by Royston Slimmers to Cancer Research UK.
Weight loss consultants who runs the Royston and surrounding area Slimming World groups, encouraged their members to spring-clean their wardrobes and collect the clothes they’ve successfully slimmed out of to donate to the Biggleswade Cancer Research UK shop.
The event was held as part of the organisation’s national fundraising campaign, known as the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
Consultant Lesley Thornalley-Grey from the Roysia group said: “The incredible members of our local groups have amazed me with their enthusiasm, dedication and commitment once again.
“This year’s Big Clothes Throw has been a fantastic success, and I can’t believe just how many bags our members, their friends and families have managed to collect for Cancer Research UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The Roysia group meets every Thursday at 7.30pm at Roysia Middle School.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks