Royston slimmers donate 230 bags full of clothes to charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 bags of clothes that they no longer fit into have been donated by Royston Slimmers to Cancer Research UK.
Weight loss consultants who runs the Royston and surrounding area Slimming World groups, encouraged their members to spring-clean their wardrobes and collect the clothes they’ve successfully slimmed out of to donate to the Biggleswade Cancer Research UK shop.
The event was held as part of the organisation’s national fundraising campaign, known as the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
Consultant Lesley Thornalley-Grey from the Roysia group said: “The incredible members of our local groups have amazed me with their enthusiasm, dedication and commitment once again.
“This year’s Big Clothes Throw has been a fantastic success, and I can’t believe just how many bags our members, their friends and families have managed to collect for Cancer Research UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The Roysia group meets every Thursday at 7.30pm at Roysia Middle School.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid