Royston slimmers donate 230 bags full of clothes to charity
- Credit: Archant
More than 230 bags of clothes that they no longer fit into have been donated by Royston Slimmers to Cancer Research UK.
Weight loss consultants who runs the Royston and surrounding area Slimming World groups, encouraged their members to spring-clean their wardrobes and collect the clothes they’ve successfully slimmed out of to donate to the Biggleswade Cancer Research UK shop.
The event was held as part of the organisation’s national fundraising campaign, known as the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
Consultant Lesley Thornalley-Grey from the Roysia group said: “The incredible members of our local groups have amazed me with their enthusiasm, dedication and commitment once again.
“This year’s Big Clothes Throw has been a fantastic success, and I can’t believe just how many bags our members, their friends and families have managed to collect for Cancer Research UK.”
You may also want to watch:
The Roysia group meets every Thursday at 7.30pm at Roysia Middle School.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!